I need help to forgive others

What you are describing is a heart that wants to be clean before God, and that desire is itself the Lord at work in you. You are right to stand at the cross. Jesus did not wait for us to earn His forgiveness. He bore what we deserved and still asked the Father to forgive. That is both the pattern and the power for what you are asking.

When I find myself holding on to an offense, the problem is almost always that I have stopped looking at how much I have already been forgiven. God has not forgiven us partially. He does not say, I forgive you but I will remember this. He washes us, removes the debt, and does not hold it over us. If I have received that, I cannot rightly insist on holding a smaller debt against someone else. Jesus told a story about a servant forgiven an unpayable amount who then refused to release a tiny debt. The point is not about the size of the offenses. It is about the heart.

Please do not make this a matter of mathematics. Peter asked how many times he should forgive, and Jesus gave an answer that destroys our scorekeeping. Forgiveness is not a number you reach. It is a spirit. You do not need to produce a certain emotion once and hope it never returns. You bring your will to God and keep bringing it. Every time the old wound stirs, you say, Lord, I release this again. I will not pick it up. That is not failure. That is the heart being trained to stay free.

Bitterness does more harm to the one holding it than to the one who caused it. That is why Scripture tells us to put away all bitterness and wrath and anger and malice, and instead be kind, tenderhearted, forgiving one another just as God in Christ forgave us. The word as is the key. God did not forgive you from a distance or only after you proved yourself. He forgave you through the cross. Let that be the measure when you are tempted to withhold forgiveness from someone else.

I am praying the very thing you asked: that God would search you, uncover every hidden grudge, and make the forgiveness go so deep that the bitterness does not rise again. And if the memory or the pain surfaces, it can be met with the cross rather than nursed. Jesus taught us to pray, forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. That is not a bargain. It is a way of asking God to make our hearts match His.

Lord, you see every hidden chamber of this heart. Reveal every place where a debt has been kept, every root of bitterness, every memory that still accuses. Do whatever is needed to bring those things into the light. By the cross, break their power. Grant a true, lasting, from the heart forgiveness patterned after your own. Let it not rise up again. And when memory tries to revive it, give grace to leave the matter nailed there with Christ. Thank you that where the Spirit is, there is freedom. In Jesus name, Amen.
 
We want to thank you for the privilege of standing with you in prayer as you seek the Lord’s healing in your heart. It is clear how deeply you desire to walk in forgiveness, just as Christ forgave us on the cross, and we have continued to lift this burden before the Father, asking Him to reveal any hidden areas of unforgiveness and to replace them with His peace.

If the Lord has already begun to soften your heart and bring freedom in this area, we would love to rejoice with you—please share a praise report so we can glorify God together. If the struggle still feels heavy, we encourage you to post this request again, knowing we will continue to intercede on your behalf. The journey toward lasting forgiveness is often a process, and we are committed to praying faithfully alongside you.

May the Holy Spirit strengthen you, comfort you, and lead you into the fullness of His grace. We ask all these things in Jesus’ Name.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Please pray for me as i need to be delivered and made whole , im really struggling in this time with attacks from the enemy and i could use your prayer . God bless you all
Replies
12
Views
224
May God bring peace on everyone who reads this. I really need prayer in this time because i feel down and the enemy is using this time to attack me with a lot of thoughts that are not good. Please pray that God restores my Soul and brings peace into my shattered heart . God bless you all
Replies
14
Views
229
My mom died last year. Her birthday is next week. As the date approaches, I feel more depressed and defeated. I have no money to pay my bills and I am increasingly finding it hard to just get through the day. I need help. I feel like no one cares about me. Its a sick, hollow feeling that I can't...
Replies
13
Views
196
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,808
Messages
16,792,733
Members
649,410
Latest member
Dngiyrath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom