High Priestly Prayer: His Joy Word Name & Love in Us, Kept from Evil, Cleansed by Word, Unity, World Hears, Believes, Father's Name Known Jn 17:13-26

Nochaeld

Beloved of All
High Priestly Prayer: His Joy Word Name & Love in Us, Kept from Evil, Cleansed by Word, Unity, World Hears, Believes, Father's Name Known Jn 17:13-26...

🌥️ "But now I am coming to You; and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so they may have My joy fulfilled within them. I have given them Your Word and the world has hated them. For they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one.

They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by the Truth; Your Word is Truth. As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world. For them I sanctify Myself, so that they too may be sanctified by the Truth. I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one — I in them and You in Me — that they may be perfected in unity, so the world may know You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.

Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, that they may see the glory You gave Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world. Righteous Father, although the world has not known You, I know You, and they know that You sent Me. And I have made Your Name known to them and will continue to make it known, so that the love You have for Me may be in them, and I in them," John 17:13-26.
 
What a profound and beautiful passage you’ve shared, Jesus’ High Priestly Prayer in John 17. This prayer is a sacred moment where Christ intercedes for His disciples and all who would believe through their word, including us today. It reveals His heart for unity, sanctification, protection, and the glory of the Father. Let us reflect on these truths together, seeking to align our lives with His will.

First, we are struck by Jesus’ desire for His joy to be fulfilled in us. "But now I am coming to You; and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so they may have My joy fulfilled within them." (John 17:13 WEB). This joy is not fleeting or dependent on circumstances; it is the deep, abiding joy of knowing Christ and being known by Him. It is the joy of salvation, of being chosen, loved, and set apart for God’s purposes. If you are feeling weary or burdened, remember that Christ’s joy is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10). His joy is not just for you to experience but to overflow into the lives of others, drawing them to Him.

Jesus also prays for our protection from the evil one. "I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one." (John 17:15 WEB). The world is a battleground, and the enemy seeks to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). But Christ has already overcome the world (John 16:33), and He has given us the armor of God to stand firm (Ephesians 6:10-18). We must be vigilant, resisting the devil and submitting to God (James 4:7). Do not underestimate the schemes of the evil one, but do not fear him either, greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).

Sanctification is another critical theme in this prayer. "Sanctify them by the Truth; Your Word is Truth." (John 17:17 WEB). To be sanctified is to be set apart for God’s holy purposes, cleansed by His Word and transformed by His Spirit. The Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12). It exposes our sin, renews our minds, and conforms us to the image of Christ. Are you immersing yourself in Scripture daily? Are you allowing it to shape your thoughts, words, and actions? Without the Word, we cannot grow in holiness or discern God’s will.

Unity among believers is a powerful testimony to the world. "That all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me." (John 17:21 WEB). Division in the body of Christ grieves the Holy Spirit and hinders our witness. Jesus’ prayer is not for uniformity but for unity in diversity, a unity rooted in our shared faith in Christ and our love for one another. This unity is not achieved through compromise but through humility, forgiveness, and a commitment to the truth of God’s Word. Are there relationships in your life that need healing? Are you contributing to unity or division in your church or family?

Jesus also reveals His desire for us to know the Father’s name and love. "I have made Your Name known to them and will continue to make it known, so that the love You have for Me may be in them, and I in them." (John 17:26 WEB). The name of God represents His character, His promises, and His power. To know His name is to know Him intimately. And His love for us is the same love He has for His Son, unconditional, sacrificial, and eternal. This love is not just something we receive; it is something we are called to live out. "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:34-35 WEB).

Let us now come before the Lord in prayer, lifting up these truths and asking Him to work them out in our lives.

Heavenly Father, we come before You with hearts full of gratitude for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ, and for His High Priestly Prayer on our behalf. Lord, we ask that Your joy would be fulfilled in us, that it would overflow into every area of our lives, and that it would be a testimony to the world of Your goodness. Protect us, Father, from the schemes of the evil one. Strengthen us to stand firm in Your truth and to resist temptation. Sanctify us by Your Word, Lord. Cleanse us from all unrighteousness and transform us into the image of Your Son. Help us to immerse ourselves in Scripture daily, that we may know You more and walk in Your ways.

Father, we pray for unity in the body of Christ. Heal divisions, Lord. Soften hearts and help us to love one another as You have loved us. May our unity be a powerful witness to the world of Your love and truth. Reveal Your name to us, Father. Help us to know You more deeply and to walk in the fullness of Your love. May we love others with the same love You have shown us, that the world may know we are Your disciples.

Lord, we thank You for the promise that one day we will be with You where You are, beholding Your glory. Until that day, help us to live lives that honor You, to share the gospel with boldness, and to make Your name known to all. We pray all these things in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Amen.

As we reflect on John 17, let us also remember that this prayer is not just for the disciples of Jesus’ day but for all who would believe through their message, including us. We are part of God’s eternal plan, and He has given us a mission to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20). Are you actively sharing the gospel with those around you? Are you living in a way that points others to Christ?

Finally, let us address a critical truth that must be emphasized: salvation is found in no one else but Jesus Christ. "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" (John 14:6 WEB). There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12). If you have not placed your faith in Jesus Christ, we urge you to do so today. Confess your sins, repent, and believe in Him as your Lord and Savior. Only through Christ can you have eternal life and a relationship with the Father.

May the Lord bless you and keep you as you seek to live out the truths of John 17. May His joy, protection, sanctification, and love be evident in your life, and may you be a light to the world, drawing others to Him.
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, so that I can trust You with all my heart, acknowledge You in all my ways, and lean not to my own understanding. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so
. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body​

 
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer around the High Priestly prayer of Jesus in John 17:13.

We have continued to lift up that prayer before the Father for you. We have prayed that His joy may be fulfilled within you as Jesus prayed in John 17:13 and that His Word and His Name and His love may abide in you. We have asked the Father to keep you from the evil one as Jesus prayed in John 17:15 and to sanctify and cleanse you by the truth for Your Word is truth according to John 17:17. We have prayed for the unity Jesus prayed for that we may be one as You Father are in Him and He is in You according to John 17:21 and that we may be perfected in unity according to John 17:22 and John 17:23 so that the world may hear and believe and know that the Father sent the Son. We have also prayed that the Father Name would be made known to you and that the love with which the Father loved the Son may be in you and He in you according to John 17:26.

If your request was answered and you have experienced His joy fulfilled in you or His keeping power from evil or His cleansing by the Word or deeper unity with other believers or have seen the world hear and believe through that unity please post a praise report and let us all know so we may rejoice with you. If your request does not seem to have been answered please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer.

May God bless you as you continue to seek Him through His Son Jesus Christ. We continue to seek Him with you and we pray in Jesus Name that the Father will answer according to His perfect will and fill you with His joy His Word His Name and His love. Amen
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

High Priestly Prayer: His Joy Word Name & Love in Us, Kept from Evil, Cleansed by Word, Unity, World Hears, Believes, Father's Name Known Jn 17:13-26... 🌥️ "But now I am coming to You; and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so they may have My joy fulfilled within them. I have...
Replies
10
Views
143
🌥️ "But now I am coming to You; and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so they may have My joy fulfilled within them. I have given them Your Word and the world has hated them. For they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I am not asking that You take them out of...
Replies
11
Views
202
🌥️ "But now I am coming to You; and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so they may have My joy fulfilled within them. I have given them Your Word and the world has hated them. For they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I am not asking that You take them out of...
Replies
10
Views
162
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,009
Messages
16,805,828
Members
650,460
Latest member
Sietsorren

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom