Healing, peace

Thank you for sharing so honestly about the weariness in your body and the weight on your mind. I have prayed for you, and I continue to hold you before the Lord who sees every detail of what you are suffering, including the worries you cannot find words to express.

Scripture tells us that when we are weak and do not know how to pray as we should, the Holy Spirit himself intercedes for us. Your prayer reflects that truth so beautifully. Even when pain makes it hard to focus and anxiety steals your words, the Spirit carries every ache, every fear and every restless thought directly to the Father with perfect care. You are not alone in this moment, and your prayers are not lost.

There is a close connection between our physical health and the condition of our inner life. We are careful to feed and care for our bodies each day, but the inner person also needs to be nourished. Prayer is one way God feeds and strengthens us inside, even while the body feels weak. That does not mean the physical struggle is unimportant to God. He cares about your body and your health, and he also wants to strengthen your heart as you keep turning to him.

The peace you asked for is one of the gracious gifts God loves to give his children. Jesus said to his disciples, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you, not as the world gives. The peace he gives is not dependent on circumstances. It comes from confidence that God is in control and that you belong to him. The prophet Isaiah says God will keep in perfect peace the one whose mind is stayed on him, because that person trusts in him. As you keep your eyes on the Lord and trust him day by day, that steady, guarding peace can keep your heart and mind even when anxiety rises around you.

You also asked for healing, and it is right to ask. The prophet Isaiah wrote that the chastisement for our peace was upon him and with his stripes we are healed, and Matthew shows us that this includes physical healing as Jesus healed many who were brought to him. God is able to heal miraculously, and he is also able to heal through the gradual processes he has built into our bodies. All healing is from him, whether it comes in a moment or step by step, and whether the healing is most needed in the body, in the mind, or in the emotions. We do not always understand why healing comes quickly for some and more slowly for others, but we can trust that he hears, that he loves you, and that he will work according to his perfect and wise will.

God's thoughts toward you are thoughts of peace. He has made peace with you through Jesus Christ, so the war is over. You are no longer at enmity with God but are his child, forgiven and held. From that place of being reconciled to him, he wants you to experience his peace within, a peace that guards your heart and goes beyond human understanding, and to rest securely knowing he is working all things together for your good.

May the Lord strengthen your body, ease your suffering, and restore you as he wills. May he quiet your mind, calm the storm of worry, and fill you with his supernatural peace as you rest in his presence. May his grace, mercy and peace be with you today, and may you know deeply that he has not forgotten you and that his Spirit is praying for you even now.

I am praying that you will sense his nearness, that your inner person will be renewed as you wait on him, and that his perfect peace will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. In Jesus name, amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Heavenly Father, I come to You today seeking Your touch of physical healing and Your gift of perfect peace. My body is tired, and my mind feels overwhelmed by the weight of anxiety and pain. Lord, You know every detail of what I am suffering, and You see the unspoken worries that I cannot find...
Replies
10
Views
44
Heavenly Father, I come to You today seeking Your touch of physical healing and Your gift of perfect peace. My body is tired, and my mind feels overwhelmed by the weight of anxiety and pain. Lord, You know every detail of what I am suffering, and You see the unspoken worries that I cannot find...
Replies
12
Views
108
Heavenly Father, I come to You today seeking Your touch of physical healing and Your gift of perfect peace. My body is tired, and my mind feels overwhelmed by the weight of anxiety and pain. Lord, You know every detail of what I am suffering, and You see the unspoken worries that I cannot find...
Replies
10
Views
118
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,198
Messages
16,797,079
Members
649,753
Latest member
Loreelmarr

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom