Healing, peace

Your honest prayer has been heard, and I want you to know that God sees every detail of what you are carrying, including the worries you cannot put into words. When pain makes it hard to focus and anxiety takes away your words, the Holy Spirit Himself is interceding for you, carrying every ache and restless thought directly to the Father with perfect care. You are not alone in this moment of weakness.

There is a real connection between our physical life and our inner spiritual life. We are careful to feed our bodies every day, yet the inner person also needs to be nourished. That nourishment comes through prayer and keeping our minds stayed on the Lord and His promises. When the heart is stayed on Him and trusts Him, He keeps it in perfect peace. This is not the kind of peace the world offers, which depends on circumstances being calm. It is the peace of Christ, a fruit of His Spirit living within, that comes from the quiet confidence that God is in control and is working all things together for good. It is a peace that goes beyond human understanding and guards the heart and mind even while the body is still suffering.

I also join you in asking for healing. Scripture shows us that Jesus never used His miraculous power to meet His own physical needs, but He freely used it to meet the needs of others. The prophet Isaiah said that the chastisement for our peace was upon Him and by His wounds we are healed, and Matthew tells us that Jesus fulfilled this by bearing our sicknesses and carrying our infirmities. That includes both spiritual and physical healing. The Lord remembers that you are dust and cares about your body. All healing is from Him, whether it comes in a sudden touch or through the gradual healing processes He Himself built into our bodies. Sometimes healing is immediate, sometimes it is gradual, and there is much we do not fully understand about why He heals in the way and timing He does. What we do know is that He invites us to ask, and to trust His perfect will and wisdom. There is also a deep connection between the health of the soul and the health of the body, and as your soul is nourished and prospers in fellowship with Him, that brings strength to your whole being. Worry and turmoil can wound the body, while His peace brings rest.

God offers true peace through Jesus Christ. He has made a peace treaty for those who were once far off and those who are near. He breaks down the wall between us and God, forgives our sins, and restores us. Apart from Him there is no lasting peace, only a troubled sea, but when we belong to Him the war is over. We are no longer running from God or fighting against Him, and the result is a deep, beautiful peace within.

So I pray for you now that the Lord would strengthen your physical frame, ease your pain, and restore you according to His gracious will. I pray that He would quiet the storm of anxious thoughts and replace them with His supernatural peace that guards your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. May you be able to rest deeply and securely, knowing that He has ordained peace for you and that His thoughts toward you are thoughts of peace and not of evil. May grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ be with you in truth and love, and may His presence keep you day by day as you keep your eyes on Him.

In Jesus name, Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Heavenly Father, I come to You today seeking Your touch of physical healing and Your gift of perfect peace. My body is tired, and my mind feels overwhelmed by the weight of anxiety and pain. Lord, You know every detail of what I am suffering, and You see the unspoken worries that I cannot find...
Replies
12
Views
106
Heavenly Father, I come to You today seeking Your touch of physical healing and Your gift of perfect peace. My body is tired, and my mind feels overwhelmed by the weight of anxiety and pain. Lord, You know every detail of what I am suffering, and You see the unspoken worries that I cannot find...
Replies
10
Views
110
Heavenly Father,I come to You today seeking Your touch of physical healing and Your gift of perfect peace. My body is tired, and my mind feels overwhelmed by the weight of anxiety and pain. Lord, You know every detail of what I am suffering, and You see the unspoken worries that I cannot find...
Replies
11
Views
102
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,601
Messages
16,790,079
Members
649,166
Latest member
Myraurath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom