'Gathering His Courage' - Mark 15:42-43

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus' crucifixion] happened on Friday, the day of preparation, the day before the Sabbath. As evening approached, Joseph of Arimathea took a risk and went to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. (Joseph was an honored member of the high council, and he was waiting for the Kingdom of God to come.

Mark 15:42-43 NLT

Key Thought​

If we love Jesus and remember his suffering and humiliation on the cross, we too can gather our courage and stand up for him — even when there is much to lose and there appears to be nothing to gain. However, we need to remember that there is always something to be gained because God can do great things from our faithfulness even in the smallest things.

Today's Prayer​

O God Almighty, stir my courage and empower me to stand for Jesus even when things do not look promising and many enemies surround me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2020 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
r5OF4MRbb4s

Continue reading...

Courage to stand for your Lord and Savior. That is what we all need when we share Jesus with our nextdoor neighbors. Give us o Lord the courage to stand firm with Gods word and sharing with others the wonderful gospel You have given us. In Jesus name. Amen

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. He found Philip and said to him, "Come, follow me." —John 1:43 NLT Key Thought Jesus found Philip in Galilee. Philip, at his best, was a practical and sensible man.[1] At his worst, Philip was earth-bound and without imagination.[2] Yet Jesus saw...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing his talk with Nicodemus, Jesus said,] "And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life." —John 3:14-15 NLT Key Thought The Greek word for "lifted up" usually means...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[About Jesus, John the Baptizer said,] "He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." —John 3:30 NLT Key Thought Want to be great? Want to do something great? Want to be great for God? Want to be a blessing for others in Jesus' name? Then live so that others will know...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus cleared the Temple of the money changers and animals,] his disciples remembered this prophecy from the Scriptures: "Passion for God's house will consume me." —John 2:17 NLT Key Thought What's your passion? Does your passion include God's house, the temple where he lives today...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As evening approached [after Jesus' crucifixion], Joseph, a rich man from Arimathea who had become a follower of Jesus, went to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. And Pilate issued an order to release it to him. Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a long sheet of clean linen cloth. He placed...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom