Forgiveness starts with repentance.

God does not desire that we be dismissive regarding our wrongdoing, nor is He pleased when we turn our backs on those whom we've wronged. God’s protocol is clear:

Luke 17 (NLT)

³"So watch yourselves! If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. ⁴Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.”

How I would have loved for my brothers to have apologized, but that would've meant that they would've have had to first confess their wrong. They did not. Yet, even so, the reason I tried for so long is because God had been so very patient with me during my many years of unforgiveness. Howbeit, I learned, over the years, that when I had forgiven - especially void of repentance, that put the situation back in God's hands: it left room for His wrath. I had seen God get His vengeance, on my behalf, on many occasions. And believe it or not, I did not want that for those who wronged me, especially my own flesh and blood. But, ultimately, it was out of my control; that part of the process rested with them. The same is true regarding my hometown. Trust that I forgave long ago. Nevertheless, I must give testimony, as commanded by Christ.

God is very patient. But, the protocol for repentance remains the same. When we repent, that puts the ball back in His court. God always remains faithful to His Word:

1 John 1:9 (NLT)

But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

Still, in the end, where there is no repentance, there is no forgiveness; only God's vengeance. That same vengeance is set against those who refuse to forgive as well.


I can already sense the self-righteous nostrils turned up at this message. But, please don't judge the content of this entry, based on the use of this so-called "worldly song:" Rather, understand the context of the message, based on God's protocol for forgiveness. Like it or not, if there's no forgiveness for the undisputed king of R&B, there's no forgiveness for you or me.

Sincere repentance elicits real forgiveness. Therefore, I speak the message of "Repentance for remission of sin." Surely, if my words catered to man's greed, there would be dancing in the streets:

Micah 2:11 (MSG)

"If someone showed up with a good smile and glib tongue and told lies from morning to night--"I'll preach sermons that will tell you how you can get anything you want from God: More money, the best wines... you name it'--you'd hire him on the spot as your preacher!"

Certainly, God judges the sincerity of both repentance and forgiveness. But this I know, whenever even one soul is redeemed from satan's trap, the angels dance in the streets of heaven.
​
 
I'm sorry, but it seems like your message is incomplete. Could you please provide more details or clarify your request?
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Bread of Heaven/Word of Life/ Jesus is the word of God: Prayer for Isaiah 30:18 : “Therefore the Lord is waiting to show you mercy, and is rising up to show you compassion, for the Lord is a just God. Happy are all who wait patiently for Him.” Praying through Isaiah 30:18: Our prayer...
Replies
10
Views
46
I would really appreciate your prayers. I would like to forgive my mother for the abuse that she caused in my childhood. I still havnt seen any change. I am releasing her to god everyday and am also repenting.
Replies
5
Views
96
Praying for forgiveness lord please forgive me for all my sins and everyone that I may have hurted in the past. Lord I also forgive everyone that hurted me.
Replies
11
Views
138
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,397
Messages
16,787,710
Members
648,963
Latest member
Eruirierael

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom