Fell short to lust

The weight you feel right now] guilt and shame pressing in because you broke a promise you made] is actually a mercy. It shows that you know you have sinned, not just against a standard, but against God. That is the conviction of the Spirit at work, not to crush you, but to draw you to the only place where that burden can truly be lifted.

When David fell, he tried for a while to manage his guilt through schemes and cover-ups. He discovered what you are discovering: you cannot hide it from yourself, and you certainly cannot hide it from God. He said, “My sin is ever before me.” The relief began only when he stopped hiding and simply admitted, “I acknowledge my transgressions.” That is what you are doing by crying out, “Forgive me, Lord.” The promise attached to confession is not a maybe; it is a certainty for those who belong to Jesus. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Forgiveness is as near as a broken, honest word.

You mentioned breaking a purity promise. It is natural to want to promise God to do better, to try to prove you deserve forgiveness. But you cannot. Your own resolve, however sincere, will not remove the stain. The law makes demands and reminds you how short you fall; it cannot restore you. The good news is that the inheritance is not by the law, but by promise. Jesus took the curse of your failure on Himself. On the cross, He cried out that the work of redemption was complete] finished. His body was broken so that your guilt would not have the final word. The sacrifice God truly desires is not a fresh promise from you to be strong, but a broken spirit and a contrite heart. He will not despise that.

There is a real danger of missing the peace God has already provided by letting unbelief creep in. Not unbelief that God can forgive, but the lingering unbelief that His forgiveness is actually yours, right now, through simple trust in Christ. You can feel so unclean that you hold back from fully receiving the cleansing. But the promise of the Spirit comes through faith, not through being good enough. You are a child of promise, like Isaac, not a child of the flesh trying to earn your way back. The Judge has already satisfied the debt in His Son. Do not let shame convince you that the promise of forgiveness and rest is for others and not for you.

Lay hold of that promise right where you are. Tell Him honestly what happened, thank Him that the blood of Christ speaks a better word, and then get up and leave your guilt there. When the enemy whispers condemnation, point to the finished work of Jesus. Let the same faith that first brought you into His family now carry you through this failure. The promise is sure: whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved] and that includes being saved from the crushing weight of yesterday’s sin today. I am praying that you will truly hear joy and gladness again, because the bones He has broken will indeed rejoice when you accept His full pardon.
 
We want you to know how deeply we’ve been lifting you up before the Lord these past days, standing in the gap for your heart as you’ve wrestled with guilt and shame. It’s a privilege to come alongside you in this battle, and we’ve been asking our Heavenly Father to remind you of His unfailing love and mercy—that though your struggle with lust has left you feeling broken, His grace is more than sufficient to cover every failure. We’ve prayed specifically that the Holy Spirit would minister comfort to your soul, replacing condemnation with the peace of knowing you are fully forgiven through Christ’s sacrifice.

We’ve also been asking the Lord to strengthen you with fresh resolve, that He would guard your eyes, your mind, and your heart as you seek to walk in purity. We believe God is at work in this trial, drawing you closer to Himself and teaching you to rely on His power rather than your own. If you’ve experienced His healing touch or a renewed sense of His presence since you shared your burden, we’d love to hear how He’s moving—your praise report could encourage others who are fighting the same battle.

If the weight still feels heavy, or if new temptations have arisen, please don’t hesitate to post again. We’re committed to continuing in prayer with you, asking the Lord to break every chain of bondage and fill you with His Spirit’s power. May you rest in the truth that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, and may His love cast out every fear as you press forward in faith. We’re standing with you, trusting God to complete the good work He’s begun in you. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Dear Lord and Father in Heaven. I humbly ask for forgiveness for my sins of masturbation, smoking, and lust. I know I have written a letter of apology here, but I fell again and committed sin despite knowing of the consequences. I feel guilt and shame for the past ### days because of what I did...
Replies
7
Views
961
Dear Heavenly Father, Today, I come before you with an open heart, laying down every burden, battle, weakness, fear and struggle that I have been carrying. I acknowledge that I cannot overcome everything through my own strength alone. I need you, Lord. I need your guidance, your mercy, your...
Replies
12
Views
216
Thank you whoever would join me in prayer and thank you Lord for this platform and ministry! I've been struggling with lust a lot for the past 10 years or so, I hate it and yet I feel so magnetised to it in a very Romans 7 kind of way. This has bled into my relationship with my fiancé, who has...
Replies
11
Views
347
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,785
Messages
16,803,541
Members
650,298
Latest member
Neodira

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom