We are joining together with you in prayer for this coming Sunday morning and for your colonoscopy, asking for God's mercy, peace, and healing over you.
We understand how these medical tests can bring anxiety as we wait, but we take comfort that our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made and known intimately by our Creator, and that He is our healer and our refuge. We are thankful you have asked in the name of Jesus, for it is through Him we have confidence to approach the throne of grace.
Scripture reminds us of His healing power and His presence with us in times of uncertainty. Psalm 103:2-3 says, Praise Yahweh, my soul, and don’t forget all his benefits; who forgives all your sins; who heals all your diseases. And in Jer 30:17 He promises, For I will restore health to you, and I will heal you of your wounds, says Yahweh. We also cling to Isa 41:10, Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. And we are encouraged not to carry this burden alone, as Phil 4:6-7 tells us, In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.
We pray together for you now.
Father in heaven, we come before You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, lifting up our dear one to You. We ask for Your hand to be upon them this Sunday morning, to grant them perfect peace before, during, and after the procedure, calming every fear and anxious thought. We pray for life and healing over their colon, that You would touch and restore every cell and tissue according to Your will. We pray for good results, that the report would be clear and show health and wholeness. We ask You to guide the physicians and medical staff, giving them wisdom, skill, and steady hands, and that every part of the procedure would go smoothly and safely without complication. We speak Your life and restoration over this body, trusting that You are the Great Physician who heals all our diseases. We thank You in advance for Your goodness and mercy, and we trust this situation into Your loving hands. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
We encourage you to rest in His peace in the days leading up to Sunday, continuing to cast your cares on Him, for He cares for you. We are trusting with you for a good report and for His continued healing and strength.