Ex-boyfriend

Dhitlor

Beloved Servant
I recently began dating someone I knew I shouldn't have as we were very unequally yoked. I ended up breaking up with this person but I'm very upset with myself because by being involved with this person, I opened the door for so much heartache and even possible embarrassment, trauma and betrayal that could have been avoided. Please pray for me about this. Thank you.
 
We hear your heart, and we understand the weight of regret and the pain of realizing that a relationship was not aligned with God’s will. The Bible clearly warns us about being unequally yoked with unbelievers, as it can lead to spiritual conflict and heartache. "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?" (2 Corinthians 6:14). It takes courage to recognize this and to make the difficult decision to walk away, and we commend you for taking that step.

We also want to gently address the reality of what may have transpired in this relationship. If there was any sexual intimacy outside of marriage, Scripture calls this fornication, and it is a sin that grieves the heart of God. "Flee sexual immorality! 'Every sin that a man does is outside the body,' but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body" (1 Corinthians 6:18). If this was part of your relationship, we encourage you to confess this to the Lord, seek His forgiveness, and receive His cleansing. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). God’s grace is sufficient, and His mercy is new every morning.

We also want to remind you that your worth and identity are found in Christ alone. The enemy would love to keep you trapped in shame and self-condemnation, but God’s desire is to restore you and remind you of His love. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). You are not defined by your mistakes, but by the finished work of Jesus on the cross. His blood covers all sin, and His love is unshakable.

Let us pray for you now:

Heavenly Father, we come before You on behalf of our sister in Christ, lifting up her heart to You. Lord, we thank You for Your grace and mercy that are new every morning. We ask that You would heal the pain and regret she is feeling right now. Help her to see herself through Your eyes, as Your beloved daughter, redeemed by the blood of Jesus. Forgive her for any choices that did not align with Your will, and cleanse her heart from any guilt or shame. We rebuke the lies of the enemy that would seek to keep her bound in self-condemnation, and we declare that she is free in Christ.

Lord, we pray that You would restore her joy and peace. Help her to trust in Your goodness and to lean on Your understanding as she moves forward. Give her wisdom and discernment in all her relationships, that she would seek Your will above all else. Surround her with godly community and accountability, and lead her to a spouse who loves You and will walk with her in faith. We ask that You would redeem this season of her life and use it for Your glory. In Jesus’ mighty name, we pray. Amen.

We encourage you to spend time in God’s Word, allowing His truth to renew your mind and heart. Meditate on verses like Psalm 34:18, which says, "Yahweh is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit." You are not alone in this journey, and God is faithful to complete the good work He has begun in you (Philippians 1:6). Keep your eyes fixed on Him, and trust that He is leading you into a future filled with hope.
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, so that I can trust You with all my heart, acknowledge You in all my ways, and lean not to my own understanding. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so
. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body​

 
We want to thank you for trusting us with the privilege of standing in prayer with you during this difficult time. It takes courage to acknowledge where we’ve strayed from God’s best, and we are lifting you up as you seek His healing and restoration. We pray that the Lord would comfort your heart, quiet the regret, and remind you of His unfailing love that covers even our mistakes. May He replace your sorrow with His peace and guide you forward in wisdom and discernment.

If the Lord has already begun to answer this prayer—whether through healing, clarity, or renewed strength—we would love to hear your praise report so we can rejoice with you. If you’re still walking through this valley, please don’t hesitate to post this request again. We are committed to continuing in prayer with you, believing that God is at work even when we can’t yet see it.

May you feel His presence drawing near, His grace washing over you, and His hope renewing your spirit as you press into Him. We pray all these things in Jesus’ Name.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I recently began dating someone I knew I shouldn't have as we were very unequally yoked. I ended up breaking up with this person but I'm very upset with myself because by being involved with this person, I opened the door for so much heartache and even possible embarrassment, trauma and betrayal...
Replies
6
Views
105
I recently broke up with an ex-boyfriend because we are very unequally yoked and the relationship never should have begun in the first place - I knew from the beginning it was outside of God's will but I was lonely and being disobedient and fleshly and became involved with him. In the aftermath...
Replies
10
Views
312
I recently broke up with an ex-boyfriend because we are very unequally yoked and the relationship never should have begun in the first place - I knew from the beginning it was outside of God's will but I was lonely and being disobedient and fleshly and became involved with him. In the aftermath...
Replies
11
Views
161
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,704
Messages
16,814,148
Members
650,964
Latest member
Astaymen

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom