Dunno

LostDad

Disciple of Prayer
Times I feel this is only place to share. I feel like I’m too much for people because no one really checks on me no more. I feel that every where I turn getting meet with opposition… loosing yet another child custody case, schools want return emails asking to meet my child’s teachers and be involved, I have no friends at age ###, my girlfriend wants to be married I can’t because of the nasty divorce and child custody fight over ### years, it has ruined me. I’m tired of working ### jobs for the last ### years, just tired. I haven’t seen my two oldest kids soon to be ### years now. I hate to admit I’m scared and worried about so many things. I pray and I pray…but feels like silence. I keep trying and trying but feels like opposition. I started back to therapy but I had to start back down my ### more consecutively to pay for therapy but I don’t understand trading being physical tired to talk things through in my head. I get “you make too much money” to get help of any kind. I feel like I’ve talked myself into silence where no one appears to care. I ask God to help me be able to see and talk to my kids…that is the only thing I ask…but I feel silence. I write letters to my kids but not once have I gotten nothing back. I have never even had my kids pick up the phone and call me. Times I think they have abandoned me too. Heck my own mom and step dad don’t even talk to me no more…been about ### months now. Getting to the point isolation, which I know to be wrong, seems more comfortable than to keep trying. Where giving up seems to be the only option, just go work and exist until Jesus calls me home. Look for happiness and joy but appears they might not be for me. I try to meet new people but I just don’t want to tell my story for the millionth time again, just like last night, just have someone say that’s not right and I’m sorry for you. What does it look like if Jesus isn’t for me? What do I need to do if I feel like Jesus forgot about me too? I have a prayer closest that I go for my quiet place and post sticky notes to my kids to Jesus and I’m getting sick of looking at how many sticky notes there are of failed prayers. Just a ### single dad of ### that didn’t want this in my life but the punishment seems to never end, like a prisoner has more hope of a future than I. Just want to see my kids, that isn’t a pain in my heart I can take drugs, drink myself to death, or sleep with women to get that pain to go away…it only feels to increase. And I know whom the doctor is but maybe I’m not fixable. I’m just very sad but put my fake face on daily…that mask sucks a lot.
 
We hear the depth of your pain, and we want you to know that your cries have not gone unnoticed. The weight you carry, loneliness, exhaustion, the ache of separation from your children, and the feeling of being forgotten, is heavy, and we grieve with you. You are not "too much" for God, nor are you too much for those who truly love Him and seek to walk in His ways. The silence you feel is not indifference from Heaven; it is often the space where God works in ways we cannot yet see. But we must address some things with both truth and tenderness, for your healing and hope depend on aligning your heart with His Word.

First, we must speak plainly about the relationship you mentioned with your girlfriend. Scripture is clear that marriage is a sacred covenant between one man and one woman, designed by God to reflect Christ’s love for the Church (Ephesians 5:22-33). The relationship you describe, while it may bring temporary comfort, is not honoring to God if it is not leading toward marriage, or worse, if it is being used to numb pain rather than pursue holiness. Sex outside of marriage is called fornication in the Bible, and it grieves the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:18-20). We are not condemning you, but we must call you to repentance in this area, for true healing cannot come while we cling to what God calls sin. The pain in your heart will not be soothed by temporary escapes, but by surrendering fully to Christ and allowing Him to redeem even the brokenness of your past.

You also mentioned feeling like Jesus has forgotten you, or that He may not be "for you." Let us remind you of the unshakable truth: Jesus is always for you. The cross proves it. Romans 8:31-32 says, "What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who didn’t spare his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how would he not also with him freely give us all things?" The silence you feel does not mean He has abandoned you. Sometimes, God allows us to walk through valleys so we learn to cling to Him alone, not because He is cruel, but because He is refining us. Psalm 34:18 says, "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit." You are not forgotten. You are seen.

Your longing to see your children is holy and right. We will pray fervently for that door to open, but we must also encourage you to keep seeking God’s wisdom in how to pursue reconciliation in a way that honors Him. The legal battles and custody struggles are exhausting, but Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and not lean on our own understanding. He sees the injustice, and He will not leave it unanswered. Keep writing those letters, even if you never receive a reply. Your love for your children is a reflection of God’s love for them, and for you.

The isolation you feel is a tool the enemy uses to whisper lies: that you are unlovable, that your pain is permanent, that giving up is the only option. But Jesus said in John 10:10, "The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly." The mask you wear daily is heavy because it is not the life God intended for you. You were made for joy, for community, for purpose, but those things are found in Him, not in the approval of others or even in the return of your children. We are not saying this to dismiss your pain, but to redirect your hope. Psalm 126:5 says, "Those who sow in tears will reap in joy." Your tears are not wasted. They are seeds.

We must also address the ways you’ve considered numbing the pain, through substances, reckless relationships, or even self-destruction. These are not solutions; they are snares. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." The way of escape is not in the bottle, the bed, or the next temporary fix. It is in running to Jesus, even when it feels like He is silent. He is there, and He is working.

You asked what it looks like if Jesus isn’t for you. It looks like this: a world without hope, a life without purpose, and an eternity without Him. But that is not your story. Your story is one of redemption, even if you cannot see the ending yet. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,” says the Lord, “thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future." That promise is for you. The enemy wants you to believe that your best days are behind you, but God says your greatest testimony is still ahead.

Let us pray for you now:

Heavenly Father, we come before You with heavy hearts, lifting up this precious brother who is weary and worn. Lord, You see the depth of his pain, the loneliness, the rejection, the longing for his children, the weight of carrying so much alone. We ask that You would break the silence he feels with the reality of Your presence. Remind him that You are near to the brokenhearted and that You collect every tear in Your bottle (Psalm 56:8). Father, we ask for a supernatural breakthrough in his relationship with his children. Soften hearts, open doors, and let him see them soon. Until then, fill him with Your peace that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

Lord, we repent on his behalf for any area where he has sought comfort outside of Your will, whether in relationships, substances, or isolation. Cleanse his heart, renew his mind, and restore his hope. Help him to see himself as You see him: beloved, chosen, and redeemed. We rebuke the spirit of despair that tells him he is forgotten or unfixable. You are the God who makes all things new (Revelation 21:5), and we declare that over his life today.

Father, we ask that You would provide godly community for him, friends who will walk with him, encourage him, and remind him of Your truth. Give him the strength to remove the mask and be real with others, even when it is hard. Surround him with people who will pray for him, speak life into him, and help carry his burdens (Galatians 6:2).

Lord, we also ask that You would heal the wounds from his divorce and custody battles. Let him not be defined by his past, but by Your love. Teach him to forgive those who have hurt him, even as You have forgiven him. And Father, we pray for his girlfriend. If this relationship is not of You, we ask that You would bring it to an end in a way that honors You and leads both of them to repentance and healing. If there is a godly path forward, make it clear. But above all, draw him closer to You.

We thank You, Lord, that You are not done with him. You are working even in the silence, even in the waiting. Give him the strength to keep pressing on, to keep praying, and to keep trusting You. And when he is weak, be his strength (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). We ask all of this in the mighty name of Jesus, the One who bore our sorrows and carried our griefs (Isaiah 53:4). Amen.

Brother, you are not alone. The road you are walking is hard, but it is not without hope. The sticky notes on your prayer closet wall are not failed prayers; they are testimonies of a heart that refuses to stop crying out to God. Keep writing them. Keep praying. Keep trusting. And when you cannot see the way forward, remember: Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6). He has not forgotten you. He is holding you, even now. Let us leave you with this promise from Lamentations 3:22-23: "It is because of the Lord’s loving kindnesses that we are not consumed, because his compassion doesn’t fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." His mercies are new today. Cling to that.
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, so that I can trust You with all my heart, acknowledge You in all my ways, and lean not to my own understanding. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so
. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body​

 
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer and we have continued to lift you before the Lord in these past days.

We have been praying especially for your heart as a father who longs to see and talk to his children, for the pain of losing another custody case and writing letters and not hearing back, for the opposition you feel everywhere you turn, for the exhaustion of working multiple jobs and trying to pay for therapy, for the loneliness of feeling like you are too much for people and that no one checks on you, for the strain on your relationship with your girlfriend and the ache of not hearing from your mom and stepdad, and for the heaviness you carry behind the mask you put on daily. We know you shared that you pray and pray and feel only silence, that your prayer closet is full of sticky notes that feel like failed prayers, and that you have wondered if Jesus has forgotten you or is not for you.

We want you to know we do not see you as too much and more importantly God does not. Even when you feel abandoned and isolated and tempted to give up and just exist, He has not left you. His Word reminds us that He is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit in Psalm 34:18 and that when we are weary and burdened we can come to Him for rest in Matt 11:28. When even family seems distant, He promises in Psalm 27:10 that though father and mother forsake us, the Lord will receive us. The Lord sees every letter you have written, every prayer on every sticky note, every tear behind the mask, and He has not forgotten you. We are asking Him to make His presence known to you in your quiet place, to lift the silence with His comfort, to provide rest for your tired body and mind, to open doors for help and godly friendship without you having to retell your story again and again, to heal and restore relationship with your children in His perfect time and way and to allow you to be involved in their lives and schooling as you desire, and to guide you and your girlfriend and give you wisdom for the future.

We pray now in Jesus Name that the Father would surround you with His peace that passes all understanding, that He would guard your heart from isolation and show you that withdrawal is not His best for you, that He would provide for you financially and bring wise counsel through therapy without crushing exhaustion, that He would soften hearts and restore communication where there has been silence, and that He would remind you daily that Jesus is for you and that nothing can separate you from His love. We ask Him to turn your mourning into joy and to give you hope for the future as you continue to seek Him through His Son Jesus Christ.

If your request was answered and you have seen a breakthrough with your children or felt the Lord break through the silence, please post a praise report and let us all know so we can rejoice with you. If your request does not seem to have been answered yet and you are still waiting to see and talk to your kids and still carrying this heavy burden, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. We want to keep standing in agreement with you for as long as it takes. May God bless you as you continue to seek Him through His Son Jesus Christ.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I’m still going through more custody battle stuff. Got back into therapy and to see the therapist face of what looks like hopelessness sucks too. I ask myself why didn’t God allow me to kill myself over 8 years ago just to be living in so much pain. Kids hate. Two of the three refuse to see me...
Replies
14
Views
235
Please pray for me because I'm in a place in my life where I'm very isolated. I only have a few people who seem to be allowed close to me by God I guess (my immediate family) and even my relationships with them don't seem stable because they are often being swayed to be against me for no reason...
Replies
6
Views
117
Found out ex wife got married. My two oldest kids I haven’t seen in over ### years now. My youngest that still comes has been acting very weird lately. I am now the 2nd dad. And almost the forgotten dad too. Everything they are doing they erasing me from the kids. The devil isn’t kind at all...
Replies
11
Views
224
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,250
Messages
16,820,527
Members
651,281
Latest member
Giltauthur

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom