Don't be a "do it yourself" Christian

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

What is a "do it yourself" Christian?It's a Christian who, instead of following Gods way, claims Christianity but does things the Bible tells us are NOT Gods way.Like, they want it both ways.Like..I have a neighbor who goes around quoting Jesus' name. says "Praise God",but yet is into yoga, which is from Hinduism,and also has accepted some other parts of Hindu philosophy. And part of being a "do it yourself" Christian is,when you try to question how they can claim Christianity but practice or defend things condemned in the Bible,they make excuses for it, ."Yeah but you know, as long as.."Like they're creating their own Christianity,and defending it.BUT that's not how I see it in the Bible.Why would the Bible flatly state something if we can twist it around to justify what's wrong?I've even heard some who commit adultery, then say God would want them to be happy, and God "understands" they love the "third person.They say God wouldn't mind them smoking pot because God created the pot plant.Things like that.Twisting the Word to suit themselves, then making excuses to defend it. It reminds me of the verse,"Not everyone who says to Me "Lord,Lord' will enter into Heaven, but he who does the will of the Father."Amen. Don't be a "do it yourself Christian".

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
and most important , love our neighbor as we love ourselves . Any single point is missing, we are out :)
But I still say, there are false religions that, there are "loving"people in them, but if they're worshipping the devil, they'll go to hell just like an obnoxious person. That's like an "addition" to salvation, but in itself doesn't save us. Like the Bible says, all who worship the beast{antichrist} will go to the lake of fire. Now there are some unsaved peoplewho, it's just their nature be "lovey" type people. But the Bible says"If ANYONE receives the mark of the beast.Some people have a "loveydovey" type nature but are just misled by the devil.I say, in the proper order, salvation first, THEN the rest.Like the hippies in the 60s. They preached peace and love, but were on drugs, and into the occult,and were unsaved.We still have to get saved, and "loveydovey" people have to get saved just like others."Unless a man is born again, he will not see the kingdom of God."

But I still say, there are false religions that, there are "loving"people in them, but if they're worshipping the devil, they'll go to hell just like an obnoxious person. That's like an "addition" to salvation, but in itself doesn't save us. Like the Bible says, all who worship the beast{antichrist} will go to the lake of fire. Now there are some unsaved peoplewho, it's just their nature be "lovey" type people. But the Bible says"If ANYONE receives the mark of the beast.Some people have a "loveydovey" type nature but are just misled by the devil.I say, in the proper order, salvation first, THEN the rest.Like the hippies in the 60s. They preached peace and love, but were on drugs, and into the occult,and were unsaved.We still have to get saved, and "loveydovey" people have to get saved just like others."Unless a man is born again, he will not see the kingdom of God."
Good discussion

righteousness of God is available to humans through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe
faith with works is needed

1) From your perspective, will good Samaritan which Jesus says went to heaven or hell ?. There he didnt mentioned his religion but he do mentioned that priest and levite havent responded when someone got wounded

2) Lazarus and the rich man - Luke 16:19-31
. Why do you think Lazarus went to heaven ? Here Jesus didnt mentioned he was christian with good faith in Jesus

Again this discussion too helping me to search more and understand. So thank you for these questions .

Good discussion

righteousness of God is available to humans through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe
faith with works is needed

1) From your perspective, will good Samaritan which Jesus says went to heaven or hell ?. There he didnt mentioned his religion but he do mentioned that priest and levite havent responded when someone got wounded

2) Lazarus and the rich man - Luke 16:19-31
. Why do you think Lazarus went to heaven ? Here Jesus didnt mentioned he was christian with good faith in Jesus

Again this discussion too helping me to search more and understand. So thank you for these questions .
The question would be, if one doesn't have to be born again, then why would God the Father go through the trouble of sending Jesus to the cross?It was to die as a substitute for our sins, because after Adam and Eve sinned, we inherited their nature,and if we're imperfect, imperfection can't be in Heaven.I admit this to you, though, there are verses in the Bible that seem to contradict one another,and so arguments can be made either way. So it DOES leave one wondering which is correct, if they seem contradictory.I guess that's why it's also in the Bible,"For now we see through a glass darkly, but then we will see clearly ,for we shall see Him as He is."The seeming contradictory verses DO cause confusion,I admit that.Like, the Bible says,"Faith without works is dead"But the Bible also says,"You are saved by faith not by works, and that not of yourself that no man should boast."

The question would be, if one doesn't have to be born again, then why would God the Father go through the trouble of sending Jesus to the cross?It was to die as a substitute for our sins, because after Adam and Eve sinned, we inherited their nature,and if we're imperfect, imperfection can't be in Heaven.I admit this to you, though, there are verses in the Bible that seem to contradict one another,and so arguments can be made either way. So it DOES leave one wondering which is correct, if they seem contradictory.I guess that's why it's also in the Bible,"For now we see through a glass darkly, but then we will see clearly ,for we shall see Him as He is."The seeming contradictory verses DO cause confusion,I admit that.Like, the Bible says,"Faith without works is dead"But the Bible also says,"You are saved by faith not by works, and that not of yourself that no man should boast."

If we just have ( Yes or No ) to the question, what would be your answer

Good samaritan -- ( Jesus Parables ) --- Heaven or Hell ?
Lazarus -- ( Jesus Parables ) -- Heaven or Hell ?

One thing i realize is "who said these words to who" is another way checking . Like Apostles said that or Paul Said that or Jesus himself said those particular words.

If Apostles or Paul or any human being talks about Jesus, they stretch more on having faith on Jesus .

When we see Jesus himself talks in Bible, He talks more about love, believing in father and the works .

I still look for your answers for the above yes/no question .

Naveen

If we just have ( Yes or No ) to the question, what would be your answer

Good samaritan -- ( Jesus Parables ) --- Heaven or Hell ?
Lazarus -- ( Jesus Parables ) -- Heaven or Hell ?

One thing i realize is "who said these words to who" is another way checking . Like Apostles said that or Paul Said that or Jesus himself said those particular words.

If Apostles or Paul or any human being talks about Jesus, they stretch more on having faith on Jesus .

When we see Jesus himself talks in Bible, He talks more about love, believing in father and the works .

I still look for your answers for the above yes/no question .

Naveen
Well then, I guess God wasted His time sending Jesus if Hes not our Savior and anyone can get saved...How about Jesus talking to Nicodemus...Unless someone is born again, they CANNOT see the Kingdom of God. While Jesus might have been making a point about the good Samaritan did more, I don't think it overrides Salvation.P,S, How about,"No man comes to the Father except through the Son?"

Last edited:
Well then, I guess God wasted His time sending Jesus if Hes not our Savior and anyone can get saved...How about Jesus talking to Nicodemus...Unless someone is born again, they CANNOT see the Kingdom of God. While Jesus might have been making a point about the good Samaritan did more, I don't think it overrides Salvation.P,S, How about,"No man comes to the Father except through the Son?"

Yes i believe that my salvation comes through Jesus only .

If God wants to give heaven to someone and their is nothing which anyone can stop it . I remember parable of the workers in the vineyard .
Matthew 20 - 1-16
“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Psalm 1 begins with blessed is the man. When used as an adjective blessed means, Made holy; consecrated.

When we are truly born again. When we accept God’s gift of salvation, repent and begin living as a child of God, walking in His ways instead of the worlds way our life begins to change.

We no longer Stand, Sit or Walk with the world and those who are living by the flesh. We are positionally in the right or appropriate place. We delight, we meditate on good rather than evil, we stand and grow as strong trees supplied by living water and bear fruit in season and we prosper.

The sinners driven by whatever wind comes up, he’s dried up chaff, v 5 “he shall not stand in the judgement” nor in the congregation of the righteous. His fate is fixed and he will perish.

Romans 14:10-12 says, “For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat…so then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.” 2 Corinthians 5:10 tells us, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” In the context, it is clear that both scriptures are referring to Christians, not unbelievers. The judgment seat of Christ, therefore, involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ. The judgment seat of Christ DOES NOT determine salvation; that was determined by Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf (1 John 2:2) and our faith in Him (John 3:16). All of our sins are forgiven, and we will never be condemned for them (Romans 8:1). We should not look at the judgment seat of Christ as God judging our sins, but rather as God rewarding us for our lives. Yes, as the Bible says, we will have to give an account of ourselves. Part of this is surely answering for the sins we committed. However, that is not going to be the primary focus of the judgment seat of Christ.

At the judgment seat of Christ, believers are rewarded based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). Some of the things we might be judged on are how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), and how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9). The Bible speaks of believers receiving crowns for different things based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). The various crowns are described in 2 Timothy 2:5, 2 Timothy 4:8, James 1:12, 1 Peter 5:4, and Revelation 2:10.

James 1:12 is a good summary of how we should think about the judgment seat of Christ: “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:21-27
v.21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and —>RECEIVE with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.<—

Now is the time for you to pray for yourself to be right with God. Pray for those that need God's spiritual uplifting. Saved or Unsaved that is between God and that person. Stop worrying and get to praying for those that need our Lord's Holy Spirit to touch their lives. They will one day face our Lord. We don't know what is in someone's mind or in their hearts. We will never know. It may appear that they are not living the Christian Life that you know, but in their own private lives they may have made peace with Our Heavenly Father. So don't judge but Pray for them to find their way back home. Praying for you to find God's Loving Peace in your thoughts, words, and actions. God Bless.
On the whole thing of not worrying it is interesting to note in the Authorised version of the Bible Christ says take no thought for your life this means not just don't worry but also don't be selfish as worry is selfish with faith we commit our lives into God's hands so we are freed up then to live for Him and not ourselves.

Similar Requests

• Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Asleep in the Church DECEMBER 17, 2023 4:50 PM LIZ LAU 2023-12-17 In this dream I was in a small church. It was a very traditional church setting with all wood furniture. A worship service was going on. I was standing up praying and could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. The scene changed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Jesus and the apostles] left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone. But many people recognized them and saw them leaving, and people from many towns ran ahead along the shore and got there ahead of them. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 27–28,Matthew 21:1–22 In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3–4 Humility is difficult, and can be inconvenient. As I queued to enter the Church of the Nativity in...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom