Don't be a "do it yourself" Christian

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

What is a "do it yourself" Christian?It's a Christian who, instead of following Gods way, claims Christianity but does things the Bible tells us are NOT Gods way.Like, they want it both ways.Like..I have a neighbor who goes around quoting Jesus' name. says "Praise God",but yet is into yoga, which is from Hinduism,and also has accepted some other parts of Hindu philosophy. And part of being a "do it yourself" Christian is,when you try to question how they can claim Christianity but practice or defend things condemned in the Bible,they make excuses for it, ."Yeah but you know, as long as.."Like they're creating their own Christianity,and defending it.BUT that's not how I see it in the Bible.Why would the Bible flatly state something if we can twist it around to justify what's wrong?I've even heard some who commit adultery, then say God would want them to be happy, and God "understands" they love the "third person.They say God wouldn't mind them smoking pot because God created the pot plant.Things like that.Twisting the Word to suit themselves, then making excuses to defend it. It reminds me of the verse,"Not everyone who says to Me "Lord,Lord' will enter into Heaven, but he who does the will of the Father."Amen. Don't be a "do it yourself Christian".

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
What is a "do it yourself" Christian?It's a Christian who, instead of following Gods way, claims Christianity but does things the Bible tells us are NOT Gods way.Like, they want it both ways.Like..I have a neighbor who goes around quoting Jesus' name. says "Praise God",but yet is into yoga, which is from Hinduism,and also has accepted some other parts of Hindu philosophy. And part of being a "do it yourself" Christian is,when you try to question how they can claim Christianity but practice or defend things condemned in the Bible,they make excuses for it, ."Yeah but you know, as long as.."Like they're creating their own Christianity,and defending it.BUT that's not how I see it in the Bible.Why would the Bible flatly state something if we can twist it around to justify what's wrong?I've even heard some who commit adultery, then say God would want them to be happy, and God "understands" they love the "third person.They say God wouldn't mind them smoking pot because God created the pot plant.Things like that.Twisting the Word to suit themselves, then making excuses to defend it. It reminds me of the verse,"Not everyone who says to Me "Lord,Lord' will enter into Heaven, but he who does the will of the Father."Amen. Don't be a "do it yourself Christian".
Sometimes they don't associate yoga with other religions they do it as a fitness exercise like "zumba" dance done at the gym.

This is my own understanding and can be wrong .

I feel God sees our heart on how well we are able to help the fellow human being who is in help irrespective of their religion . I like the story of Good samaritan which Jesus explains . He didnt mentioned that samaritan was a christian but he did mentioned that Levite and the priest both didnt helped the person who got wounded but only the good samaritan does.

How we try and help ourselves to become a Good samaritan makes God happy rather than we see someone not reading bible or not praying to God . God knows everything we are .

I like the below article on Good samaritan

A loving spirit concretely expressed in unselfish good deeds to one’s fellow man—is a primary Christian duty.

https://www.faithandfreedom.com/christian-charity-social-justice-and-the-good-samaritan/

And again this is my understanding .

I feel God sees our heart on how well we are able to help the fellow human being who is in help irrespective of their religion . I like the story of Good samaritan which Jesus explains . He didnt mentioned that samaritan was a christian but he did mentioned that Levite and the priest both didnt helped the person who got wounded but only the good samaritan does.

How we try and help ourselves to become a Good samaritan makes God happy rather than we see someone not reading bible or not praying to God . God knows everything we are .

A loving spirit concretely expressed in unselfish good deeds to one’s fellow man—is a primary Christian duty.

https://www.faithandfreedom.com/christian-charity-social-justice-and-the-good-samaritan/

Yes but the Bible also says,"All your good deeds are as filthy rags before God." So if we balance too far that way--like we go around helping everyone, but do something really forbidden in the Bible, {especially when we know it} like take the mark of the Antichrist,.We have to believe in Jesus first, then show Christian spirit,not in reverse. I'v e known people who are very good natured,will help everyone but are into the occult, making contact with demons..If they're on the wrong spiritual path, it wouldn't help them.From my understanding, we're saved by accepting Gods substitute,.Once we're saved, God can "overlook" our sins,because of Jesus.But an unsaved person can't get to Heaven BYPASSING salvation through Jesus{otherwise it's like Jesus died for nothing.

Yes but the Bible also says,"All your good deeds are as filthy rags before God." So if we balance too far that way--like we go around helping everyone, but do something really forbidden in the Bible, {especially when we know it} like take the mark of the Antichrist,.We have to believe in Jesus first, then show Christian spirit,not in reverse. I'v e known people who are very good natured,will help everyone but are into the occult, making contact with demons..If they're on the wrong spiritual path, it wouldn't help them.From my understanding, we're saved by accepting Gods substitute,.Once we're saved, God can "overlook" our sins,because of Jesus.But an unsaved person can't get to Heaven BYPASSING salvation through Jesus{otherwise it's like Jesus died for nothing.

I agree they should accept the gospel . But what you say about persons who has faith but dont have works or person who doesnt follow the 2 greatest commandments jesus given us .

I agree they should accept the gospel . But what you say about persons who has faith but dont have works or person who doesnt follow the 2 greatest commandments jesus given us .
Yes both but in a certain order. Works in itself, if the person is unsaved, won't get them to Heaven. First, the belief , then add the works.

God would want us to love those of all religions but we need to appreciate that if they are not trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness and are pursuing another religion God will judge them for it th best thing we can do for someone of another religion is to bring them to repent and trust in Christ "Jesus Christ said I am the way, the truth and the life no man comes to the father except through me" all forms of kindness to all types o people is essential though.

Psalm 1 begins with blessed is the man. When used as an adjective blessed means, Made holy; consecrated.

When we are truly born again. When we accept God’s gift of salvation, repent and begin living as a child of God, walking in His ways instead of the worlds way our life begins to change.

We no longer Stand, Sit or Walk with the world and those who are living by the flesh. We are positionally in the right or appropriate place. We delight, we meditate on good rather than evil, we stand and grow as strong trees supplied by living water and bear fruit in season and we prosper.

The sinners driven by whatever wind comes up, he’s dried up chaff, v 5 “he shall not stand in the judgement” nor in the congregation of the righteous. His fate is fixed and he will perish.

Romans 14:10-12 says, “For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat…so then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.” 2 Corinthians 5:10 tells us, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” In the context, it is clear that both scriptures are referring to Christians, not unbelievers. The judgment seat of Christ, therefore, involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ. The judgment seat of Christ DOES NOT determine salvation; that was determined by Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf (1 John 2:2) and our faith in Him (John 3:16). All of our sins are forgiven, and we will never be condemned for them (Romans 8:1). We should not look at the judgment seat of Christ as God judging our sins, but rather as God rewarding us for our lives. Yes, as the Bible says, we will have to give an account of ourselves. Part of this is surely answering for the sins we committed. However, that is not going to be the primary focus of the judgment seat of Christ.

At the judgment seat of Christ, believers are rewarded based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). Some of the things we might be judged on are how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), and how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9). The Bible speaks of believers receiving crowns for different things based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). The various crowns are described in 2 Timothy 2:5, 2 Timothy 4:8, James 1:12, 1 Peter 5:4, and Revelation 2:10.

James 1:12 is a good summary of how we should think about the judgment seat of Christ: “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:21-27
v.21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and —>RECEIVE with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.<—

Now is the time for you to pray for yourself to be right with God. Pray for those that need God's spiritual uplifting. Saved or Unsaved that is between God and that person. Stop worrying and get to praying for those that need our Lord's Holy Spirit to touch their lives. They will one day face our Lord. We don't know what is in someone's mind or in their hearts. We will never know. It may appear that they are not living the Christian Life that you know, but in their own private lives they may have made peace with Our Heavenly Father. So don't judge but Pray for them to find their way back home. Praying for you to find God's Loving Peace in your thoughts, words, and actions. God Bless.

Similar Requests

• Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Asleep in the Church DECEMBER 17, 2023 4:50 PM LIZ LAU 2023-12-17 In this dream I was in a small church. It was a very traditional church setting with all wood furniture. A worship service was going on. I was standing up praying and could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. The scene changed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Jesus and the apostles] left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone. But many people recognized them and saw them leaving, and people from many towns ran ahead along the shore and got there ahead of them. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 27–28,Matthew 21:1–22 In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3–4 Humility is difficult, and can be inconvenient. As I queued to enter the Church of the Nativity in...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom