'Doing What Jesus Asks!' - Mark 5:18-20

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to proclaim the great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed at what he told them.

Mark 5:18-20 NLT

Key Thought​

Amazing things happen when we do what Jesus asks us to do! So what is Jesus asking you to do today? What is hindering you from obeying him?

Today's Prayer​

O God, my Abba Father, please give me the courage and the strength to obey what Jesus has asked me to do. Please use my obedience to bring you glory and to bring others to know Jesus' saving love. In his name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." —Mark 5:18-19 NLT Key Thought "Go... tell... everything the LORD has...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus] climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. [The disciples] were totally amazed, for they still didn't understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in. —Mark 6:51-52 NLT Key Thought The disciples couldn't get it! Maybe they...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. "All of you listen," he said, "and try to understand. It's not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart." —Mark 7:14-15 NLT Key Thought Our words and our actions say it all, don't they?! So let's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Jesus and the disciples] arrived at the other side of the lake, in the region of the Gerasenes. When Jesus climbed out of the boat, a man possessed by an evil spirit came out from the tombs to meet him. —Mark 5:1-2 NLT Key Thought Jesus was taking his disciples to new places. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him [to Jairus' house] except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). —Mark 5:37 NLT Key Thought Jesus worked to grow people at all different levels of relationship and maturity. He invested especially in three apostles who...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom