'Fear of Change' - Mark 5:16-17

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs,] those who had seen what happened told the others about the demon-possessed man and the pigs. And the crowd began pleading with Jesus to go away and leave them alone.

Mark 5:16-17 NLT

Key Thought​

Most folks are afraid of change. Many are also afraid of anyone who has the power to change them. Because the crowd couldn't explain how Jesus had power over a legion of demons possessing a man, they were afraid and asked Jesus to leave. Unfortunately, we often do the same thing, but usually not so abruptly by overtly saying to Jesus, "Please leave me alone." No, we do it by ignoring his presence, staying away from his word, and associating with people who help drown out the voice of Jesus in our hearts. Please, don't turn Jesus away. Don't ask him to leave. Draw near to him. Seek him. Follow him. And anticipate what he can do in your life!

Today's Prayer​

Sovereign God of all creation, please make me more aware of the nearness of Jesus. Help me to see the changes he is making in my heart and in my life each day. I ask this in his name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs, the] herdsmen fled to the nearby town and the surrounding countryside, spreading the news as they ran. People rushed out to see what had happened. A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been possessed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So Jesus gave [the evil spirits] permission. The evil spirits came out of the man and entered the pigs, and the entire herd of about 2,000 pigs plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water. —Mark 5:13 NLT Key Thought The evil spirits begged Jesus to grant them their...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then the evil spirits begged [Jesus] again and again not to send them to some distant place. There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding on the hillside nearby. "Send us into those pigs," the spirits begged. "Let us enter them." —Mark 5:10-12 NLT Key Thought "The evil spirits begged!"...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Immediately after [feeding the crowd], Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. —Mark 6:45-46 NLT Key Thought This whole...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him [to Jairus' house] except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). —Mark 5:37 NLT Key Thought Jesus worked to grow people at all different levels of relationship and maturity. He invested especially in three apostles who...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom