'Frightened?' - Mark 5:14-15

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs, the] herdsmen fled to the nearby town and the surrounding countryside, spreading the news as they ran. People rushed out to see what had happened. A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons. He was sitting there fully clothed and perfectly sane, and they were all afraid.

Mark 5:14-15 NLT

Key Thought​

Let's be honest. Most people don't believe that an old dog can learn new tricks, that a leopard can change its spots, or that people can really change. When they find someone who has been truly and dramatically changed, they are curious and sometimes even frightened. In this story, the people from the surrounding countryside apparently thought, "If Jesus has the power to change someone so radically bad who is under the control of evil, what kind of changes might he bring to someone like me?" Jesus does bring change... real change... transformational change... good change. So we must ask ourselves, "Do I want to change? Do I want Jesus to have his way with me?" You see, change can be scary! So, dear friend, be assured that if you invite Jesus into your world and offer him control of your life, changes will occur. Not everyone will see those changes as good changes. Don't be afraid! The changes Jesus makes in your life are for your eternal good!

Today's Prayer​

O Father in heaven, please unleash Jesus' power in my life to change me in ways that drive out the evil, the bad, and the influence of Satan while unleashing the power of your Holy Spirit who brings about the fruit of your righteousness. In the name of the LORD Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Have a Blessed, Thankful, and Grateful Resurrection Week! Jesus loves YOU so much, He rather die for YOU than live without YOU. Now that's 💓 LOVE.

💗God, Jesus died so that I may have life. I ask You in Jesus' name help me die to self so Jesus can have life and life more abundantly living in me. God, please do the same for my family, friends, and writer of this prayer. Amen, so be it by faith.

Last edited:
Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs,] those who had seen what happened told the others about the demon-possessed man and the pigs. And the crowd began pleading with Jesus to go away and leave them alone. —Mark 5:16-17 NLT Key Thought Most folks are afraid of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Holding [the dead girl's] hand, [Jesus] said to her, "Talitha koum," which means "Little girl, get up!" And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! [The girl's parents and the three disciples] were overwhelmed and totally amazed. Jesus gave them strict orders...
Replies
Views
  • Article
When [Jesus and the others] came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw much commotion and weeping and wailing. He went inside and asked, "Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn't dead; she's only asleep." —Mark 5:38-39 NLT Key Thought One of the ways early Christians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When the woman who had suffered bleeding for twelve years touched his robe,] Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my robe?" His disciples said to him, "Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn't let anyone go with him [to Jairus' house] except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). —Mark 5:37 NLT Key Thought Jesus worked to grow people at all different levels of relationship and maturity. He invested especially in three apostles who...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom