Devotion taken from "WORD FOR YOU TODAY" 18 October 2018

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

God's will for you

Thursday 18th October 2018

'If we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.' 1 John 5:14 NIV

When you were younger, did you ever make a wish as you watched a shooting star or blew out your birthday candles? It's something we can still find ourselves saying: 'I wish my life was like this', or 'I wish this would happen'. The problem with wishing on a star or on candles is that they have no power to make our dreams come true. But God does have that power. So, when your wishes become prayers that line up with his will, they can become a reality. 'And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for' (1 John 5:14-15 NLT).
So how do we know God's 'will': what pleases him and aligns with his character? We need to spend time with him, pray, read his Word. Then we'll know his heart and promises for us, and we'll see his answers to our wishes.
But even when your 'wishes' are in line with God's will, you need faith: to open your eyes to see that God's promises are for you personally; and to draw the fulfilment of his promises into your life.

So what now? Next time one of your friends has a birthday, ask if they have a prayer that they want to see fulfilled. Get them to blow out the candles on their cake, but instead of wishing, ask everyone in the room to pray about that thing.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
I CHARGE [you] in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by (in the light of) His coming and His kingdom: Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 22–23, Titus 1 I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. - Psalm 61:4 There are several Canada goose families with baby geese at the pond near our home. The little goslings are so fluffy and cute; it’s hard not to watch them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus did heal all kinds of deseases when He was out preaching and teaching Gods word. Devils of all kinds recognized who Jesus was and what He was doing around them. They flee from His holy presence, casting out all of them and delivering people from torments from hell. For You are glorious...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 1–2, 1 Timothy 3 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this. Psalm 37:5 God doesn’t help those who help themselves; He helps those who trust in and rely on Him. Jonathan Roumie—the actor who plays Jesus in the successful TV series The Chosen, which...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is a beautiful gift for children as they celebrate Christmas and for the parents to enjoy teaching them Gods word. A wonderful gift for the New Year is a Bible App for kids. Soft and easy were our craddle. Coarse and hard our Saviors lay. For us He came. To suffer and save. When His...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom