Devotion taken from "WORD FOR YOU TODAY" 17 October 2018

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Turn fear to faith

Wednesday 17th October 2018

'God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid.' Isaiah 12:2 NKJV

Sometimes fear can be useful. When we are in physical danger, fear acts as an alarm that something's wrong and that we need to get help or get out! Also, the Bible mentions fearing God; see Psalm 111:5, Ecclesiastes 12:13 and Proverbs 14:27 for some examples - there are many more. This doesn't mean we're to be scared of God. Instead, it means we should respect him and his will.
The Bible also talks about the fear that overwhelms us and negatively affects the way we live our lives. Most of us have some area of fear we want to break free from. If we try to break free in our own strength, we'll find it very difficult, if not impossible. We need to do it in God's strength. When the Bible talks about this type of fear, it's in the context of 'do not fear', or 'don't be afraid', or 'God calmed my fears' (find examples in Psalm 34:4, Isaiah 41:10 or Joshua 1:9). InPsalm 56:3 (NIV) David wrote: 'When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid.'
When we feel frightened, for whatever reason, it's best to tell God and resolve to turn our fear into faith and trust in him.

So what now? If you're struggling with fear, it might be a good idea to speak to a trusted friend or tell your pastor about it. Ask them to join you in asking God to draw close and fill you with his peace.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
7 Verses That Encourage Us to Have Faith over Fear Micah Maddox Author, speaker June 12, 2023 Fear isn’t something new we are dealing with in our lifetime. We can trace fear all the way back to the very beginning, when the evil one tempted Eve in the garden. At his sly request of questioning...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus want us all blessed, helped and in good condition to serve and love God above all things. So, if we borrow something from some person, a Christian as his spiritual duty it is to return those things he or she has borrowed. We must show how much we love Jesus when we say something or do...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Awakening to the fresh dawning in the morning to give God the glory and the honor for sending Jesus to earth to show us that He is the real One, the promised Messiah that has come to us to show us great and mighty things that no one can do it for themselves. And when the disciples saw Jesus...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy. —1 Timothy 6:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is very easy to try and build our security around money, isn't it? But...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When some people accused Jesus of casting out a demon by the power of Satan, Jesus] knew their thoughts, so he said, "Any kingdom divided by civil war is doomed. A family splintered by feuding will fall apart. You say I am empowered by Satan. But if Satan is divided and fighting against...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom