'Call to Sinners' - Matthew 9:13

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[After Jesus heard the Pharisees criticize him for eating with tax collectors and other sinners, he said,] "Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: 'I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.' For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

Matthew 9:13 NLT

Key Thought​

God has never wanted to condemn. That has never been his purpose. His Old Testament laws were meant to distinguish the Israelites as his people and preserve them from spiritual and physical harm. When people rebel, rather than looking forward to punishing them for their sin, God grieves over his rebellious children. He yearns to bring restoration. When Jesus comes as Immanuel, he teaches and shows that God seriously cares about reaching and redeeming rebellious sinners. Incredibly, both Jesus and John the Baptizer have more success with those who are in outright rebellion than with those who have been inoculated by their legalistic religiosity. Jesus came to the lost, the broken, and the least to save, mend, and make first.

Today's Prayer​

Loving and merciful Heavenly Father, give me a heart of concern for those around me who are lost. I am convicted today of your gracious love and sacrificial concern for those who are caught in sin. Please use me as an instrument to give them hope and bring them to you. In Jesus' precious name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
uP0CawFsXLQ

Continue reading...

We see sinners everywhere and they need the Lord in their lives. I am praying for all of them, specially those I live with, work with and all my neighbors also need God.
Lord please be kind and open their eyes to SEE how sin just brings trouble, tragedy and death. And that You Jesus bring order, good fruits and LIFE. Even when we fail and sin gets to win here on earth victory awaits us FOREVER in heaven. How? By God's FORGIVENESS of our sin by Jesus the only way, truth and life. Living this life without Jesus salvation is INSANE.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Later, as Jesus left [Capernaum], he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector's booth. "Follow me and be my disciple," Jesus said to him. So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him. Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One day while Jesus was teaching, some Pharisees and teachers of religious law were sitting nearby. (It seemed that these men showed up from every village in all Galilee and Judea, as well as from Jerusalem.) And the Lord's healing power was strongly with Jesus. Some men came carrying a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus'] parents didn't know what to think [when he stayed in Jerusalem]. "Son," his mother said to him, "why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been frantic, searching for you everywhere." "But why did you need to search?" he asked. "Didn't you know that I must be in my Father's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One day as Jesus was preaching on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, great crowds pressed in on him to listen to the word of God. —Luke 5:1 NLT Key Thought Even though we are living in a skeptical age with a cultural environment in which some people reject standards of any kind, there is still...
Replies
Views
  • Article
One day some people said to Jesus, "John the Baptist's disciples fast and pray regularly, and so do the disciples of the Pharisees. Why are your disciples always eating and drinking?" Jesus responded, "Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. But someday the groom...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom