Anonymous
Beloved of All
The church that ignored my three requests for financial assistance suddenly contacted me and set up a meeting. They said they were "so moved by my three letters". I was told there would be people from the prayer team and the benevolence group and a pastor. It was only one person; some young college guy. We met for over ninety minutes. He asked alot of questions and I laid everything out verbally and written. He also had my three letters. He suggested that they may pay for two months of my hotel bill. I told him that would be a tremendous help as it would free up alot of money for my current needs and provide the boost I needed that would go a long way. Four days later I finally heard back from them via a five minute phone call. He said they decided that they wouldn't help me unless I moved into an apartment. What?! He explained that they would pay for the first and last month's rent and the security deposit. I reminded him that even with that, I would still have to pay rent PLUS utilities each month. That's more than I can afford. In the long run, the hotel room with a kitchenette is more affordable, especially since I don't have to pay for utilities separately. Besides, if I moved into an apartment, I would have to buy furniture like a bed, a table, and something to sit on. He said "It's not ". This is obviously a spoiled young man of privilege and thinks that he is entitled and people like me aren't. There should have been a pastor there. I doubt that any of the pastors were made aware and where was everyone else who I was lead to believe were going to be there. I wondered if he was the only who reviewed my situation. I can't believe that a church with five metro Denver campuses couldn't afford to help me, especially when he lead me to believe that they might pay my hotel bill for w months. Just like y'all mentioned before, this is a church without true Christian authenticity. I got paid yesterday and have three major bills due by Saturday. After paying them, I will have less than two hundred dollars left in my account to last for the next five days. My stress, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, sudden heavy feelings of doom and despair, nervousness, bipolarism, headaches, abdominal pains, digestive issues, Acid Reflux, GERD, Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), floor pacing, and constant stress is exponentially worsening the loner all this goes on. The Bipolar highs and lows are more frequent and the extremes are much worse and extensive. I'm having trouble thinking and concentrating. I'm having constant headaches and taking pain relievers throughout the day and before bed, as well as antacids tough out there day and at night. I am not sleeping well nor eating well. I'm on the tightest hole in my belt and am still having to keep pulling my pants up on my waist. On my days off I stay in bed for twelve hours or more, and still always feel tired and exhausted. I stay in my hotel room because I don't want to be seen. I feel so embarrassed, shameful, alienated, worthless, hopeless, targeted, and hapless...just like when I was growing up. Like I've said before, all the years of professional help from therapists (Christian and non-Christian) was all a waste of time, especially the desperate treatment of ECT for multiple sessions each week for six weeks. That may have caused irreparable damage and now I have to live with that as well. I tried to do the right things, but as seems to happen most of the time, my efforts backfires on me. Everything I believed and learned in my more than fifty five years of being a Christian has become skewed. I'm still a believe in Jesus Christ, God, heaven and hell, the Holy Trinity, the Virgin Birth, the Bible, the crucifixion, the ascension, the Rapture, etc. I still pray about things and others, but it seems like when I pray about things that affect me, it works against me. I feel like I have to be passive and just shut up and take it just like I had to during all the abuse by my family growing up. If I hadn't cut off communications with my siblings a few years ago they would still be sending multiple emails, text messages, and phone messages of hatred towards me. And they still have the audacity to claim they are still Christians and are justified in hating me openly and freely. But it seems like I'm still being harassed, hated, abused, punished, and cursed by everything that's been going on relentlessly over the last several years. Cain was cursed to wander but God still marked him with protection by The Mark of Cain and he committed murder. I feel so unprotected and extremely vulnerable. I have no protection and seemingly no one to watch my back. It's not just the major things happening. There are lots of little things in the fringes that build and cause additional chaos with the chaos. Does God think my family didn't abuse and punish me enough? I went through decades of professional therapy because I believed it was a good investment in myself and my mental health and that God would bless me for trying to be proactive and for taking care of my mental health. It seems it was all for naut and that I am actually being punished for, maybe, not having enough faith to believe God would heal me from all that abuse. Isn't that what doctors are for? I sure would love to have some happiness, joy, hope, peace, fun, "little victories", accomplishments, reassurance, confidence, finances, and friends I had once long ago. I sure would love to have my hobbies again (like photography, art, and creative writing). I used to create my on Christmas cards with my photography and poetry but those days were taken away long ago, especially since I have no one to send cards to anymore. Plus, I don't have the money anymore to afford to do any of that anymore. The worst time of year for me is coming up - Thanksgiving and Christmas. That is the time hat I did most of my creative writing. My siblings used to like it. You all always talk about God having a plan and that all things work out for good. I understand; you have to say that because of what you do here. I'm sure you all are sincere and really pray for that for people. But, just look around you. All things do not always work out for good. I am always hopeful, but also realistic. I still believe in miracles and always hope for some, but again, I am still realistic. There have been times when I believed things would work out, but then experienced disappointment. These last several years are not building faith and hope, but actually destroying it...why? Why would God save me so many times throughout my life, only to have my life implode and destroy me like this in such a long, drawn out, and crushing way? Death is painless, it's dying that's so painful. Actually, I never thought I would still be alive today. I should have been dead long ago and now I'm paying the price for still hanging on and loitering all these dead, but chaotic years. Since the gator didn't get me fifty nine years ago in that Florida lake, maybe my sleep apnea will finally do the job...the sooner, the better! Actually, it could all end when my money runs out; possibly as soon as next week. I have nothing left in me. I have nothing to work with. I'm basically running on auto pilot, or what psychologists call the DMN (Default Mode Network) until the plane crashes. I can no longer pretend to be happy and I am so exhausted.
