'Blasphemy? I Think Not!' - Mark 2:8-11

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus knew immediately [that the religious teachers were accusing him of blasphemy], so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts? Is it easier to say to the paralyzed man 'Your sins are forgiven,' or 'Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk'? So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins." Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, "Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!"

Mark 2:8-11 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus healed people for many different reasons and under many different circumstances. The bottom line was this: Jesus healed folks because he loved them and wanted to bring them to God. In this instance, however, Jesus was moved by two additional things. First, he saw the faith of this man's friends, and he was touched by their concern. Second, he was frustrated with the cynicism and opposition from those who were present only to criticize him. They doubted his authority, so he demonstrated it: He healed the man! Then he emphasized that the miracle he had done showed he had the authority to forgive sins. The real challenge for you and me is to recognize that Jesus' authority doesn't extend just to his power to teach and command, but also to heal, mend, help, forgive, and bless.

Today's Prayer​

Holy and Almighty LORD of the ages, thank you that your authority was powerfully demonstrated in Jesus. Help me to open my heart to him fully and not only to respond with obedience to Jesus' commands but also to let him in to nurture and bless me. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

My name is Benjamin Carter.I love playing this lottery game and I have been buying lottery tickets for the past 3 years. but i have not been lucky enough to win a very big amount. So i have to make a research online when i saw a testimony of people talking about DR Kuda for giving them the right lottery winning numbers, so i contacted DR Kuda for him to help me with lottery winning numbers after i provided his requirements to cast the lottery spell and after which Dr Kuda give me a six-digit winning numbers to play the game and i went to the store and play the six Mega Million, after i finish playing the game, i waited for the result to come out and i was named the winner i won $200 Millions Dollars. I am so happy that my name is now on the Mega Million winner List. Dr Kuda did it for for me and made me who I am today. You can also contact Dr Kuda if you want to win the lottery Mega Million contact: drkudaspelltemple@gmail.com. i promise you that you are in the right place when you contact Dr Kuda for him to give you the right lottery winning numbers to play and win any amount of money. Call/Text Number +1 (346) 478-1991

My name is Benjamin Carter.I love playing this lottery game and I have been buying lottery tickets for the past 3 years. but i have not been lucky enough to win a very big amount. So i have to make a research online when i saw a testimony of people talking about DR Kuda for giving them the right lottery winning numbers, so i contacted DR Kuda for him to help me with lottery winning numbers after i provided his requirements to cast the lottery spell and after which Dr Kuda give me a six-digit winning numbers to play the game and i went to the store and play the six Mega Million, after i finish playing the game, i waited for the result to come out and i was named the winner i won $200 Millions Dollars. I am so happy that my name is now on the Mega Million winner List. Dr Kuda did it for for me and made me who I am today. You can also contact Dr Kuda if you want to win the lottery Mega Million contact: drkudaspelltemple@gmail.com. i promise you that you are in the right place when you contact Dr Kuda for him to give you the right lottery winning numbers to play and win any amount of money. Call/Text Number +1 (346) 478-1991
Lottery will send you to healls burding fire. So, come back to Jesus and He will bless your life.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Jesus knew immediately [that the religious teachers were accusing him of blasphemy], so he asked them, "Why do you question this in your hearts? Is it easier to say to the paralyzed man 'Your sins are forgiven,' or 'Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk'? So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins." Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, "Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!"

Mark 2:8-11 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus healed people for many different reasons and under many different circumstances. The bottom line was this: Jesus healed folks because he loved them and wanted to bring them to God. In this instance, however, Jesus was moved by two additional things. First, he saw the faith of this man's friends, and he was touched by their concern. Second, he was frustrated with the cynicism and opposition from those who were present only to criticize him. They doubted his authority, so he demonstrated it: He healed the man! Then he emphasized that the miracle he had done showed he had the authority to forgive sins. The real challenge for you and me is to recognize that Jesus' authority doesn't extend just to his power to teach and command, but also to heal, mend, help, forgive, and bless.

Today's Prayer​

Holy and Almighty LORD of the ages, thank you that your authority was powerfully demonstrated in Jesus. Help me to open my heart to him fully and not only to respond with obedience to Jesus' commands but also to let him in to nurture and bless me. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Jesus healed and had mercy on the paralized man. What a wonderful work He did for others.

Lottery is not mention in the bible. It comes from the devil. Stop this and come to Jesus and be saved so you too will enter heaven.

Similar Requests

• Article
While Jesus was far away, the man [possessed by an evil spirit] saw him. The man ran to Jesus and bowed down before him. Jesus said to the man, "You evil spirit, come out of that man." So the man shouted with a loud voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
While [Jesus] was preaching God's word to them, four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat. They couldn't bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, so they dug a hole through the roof above his head. Then they lowered the man on his mat, right down in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "My child, your sins are forgiven." But some of the teachers of religious law who were sitting there thought to themselves, "What is he saying? This is blasphemy! Only God can forgive sins!" —Mark 2:5-7 NLT Key Thought Yes, the statement...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then Jesus went from village to village, teaching the people. And he called his twelve disciples together and began sending them out two by two, giving them authority to cast out evil spirits. He told them to take nothing for their journey except a walking stick — no food, no traveler's bag, no...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus got into the boat again and went back to the other side of the lake, where a large crowd gathered around him on the shore. Then a leader of the local synagogue, whose name was Jairus, arrived. When he saw Jesus, he fell at his feet, pleading fervently with him. "My little daughter is...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom