'A Quieter Spot' - Mark 6:30-32

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told him all they had done and taught. Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to eat.
So they left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone.

Mark 6:30-32 NLT

Key Thought​

The good we do for the Kingdom occurs because of God's work through us. Yes, we offer ourselves to be used by God as his vessels, but the glory, the power, and the effectiveness come from our obedient submission and God's glorious work through us. To God belongs all the glory! But, being used by God is tiring work no matter how exciting it may be. God's servants need periods of rest and renewal. Getting rest and renewal means getting away from the rush of ministry and rekindling our passions, energy, and focus in the presence of other devoted servants and in the presence of Jesus as we honor God. In other words, humility has two faces: First, humility is seen in the life of a person who serves God for the Father's glory, and second, humility is seen when those who serve God acknowledge their need for rest and time away from the rush to be with God.

Today's Prayer​

Father, please give me the right heart to be a humble servant. Remove from me the desire to accomplish great things so my name is known or my actions are praised. I want you to be glorified. In addition, dear Father, please gently humble me when I try to depend on my own energies rather than spending time resting in your presence and letting you re-kindle my spirit and re-energize my body. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
So [Jesus and the apostles] left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone. But many people recognized them and saw them leaving, and people from many towns ran ahead along the shore and got there ahead of them. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Immediately after [feeding the crowd], Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and head across the lake to Bethsaida, while he sent the people home. After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. —Mark 6:45-46 NLT Key Thought This whole...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[The Phoenician woman with the demon-possessed daughter] replied, "That's true, Lord, but even the dogs under the table are allowed to eat the scraps from the children's plates." "Good answer!" [Jesus] said. "Now go home, for the demon has left your daughter." And when she arrived home, she...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said, "How can I describe the Kingdom of God? What story should I use to illustrate it? It is like a mustard seed planted in the ground. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of all garden plants; it grows long branches, and birds can make nests in its shade." —Mark...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then [Jesus] climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. [The disciples] were totally amazed, for they still didn't understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in. —Mark 6:51-52 NLT Key Thought The disciples couldn't get it! Maybe they...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom