'Kingdom Growth and Strength' - Mark 4:30-32

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus said, "How can I describe the Kingdom of God? What story should I use to illustrate it? It is like a mustard seed planted in the ground. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of all garden plants; it grows long branches, and birds can make nests in its shade."

Mark 4:30-32 NLT

Key Thought​

Mystery and movement were at the heart of Jesus' Kingdom message in our devotional yesterday; today his message is about power and grace. The Kingdom appears small in the face of the world's political and military powers. However, the Kingdom we see is only a seed, not a fully mature shelter. But the Kingdom is growing and will be large enough to furnish safety and security for those who live in its branches. Don't be afraid, dear Kingdom seeker; the God who propels the mustard seed to great growth is at work in his Kingdom to do far greater things than we can ask or imagine. So find your shelter in his Kingdom. All others will pass away, but this one will endure — forever.

Today's Prayer​

O LORD my God, how awesome are your works in all the earth. The beauty and diversity of your creation astound me. Yet I realize that as beautiful as this physical world I can see may be, the unseen realm of your Kingdom, majesty, and might are far greater still! Even those bits and glimpses of your Kingdom I experience now are wonderful. I look forward to the day when they are fully visible to all. Until that day, shelter me in the embrace of your Kingdom and grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
The apostles returned to Jesus from their ministry tour and told him all they had done and taught. Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile." He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Concluding the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "And the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!" —Mark 4:20 NLT Key Thought Jesus wants us to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Jesus and the apostles] left by boat for a quiet place, where they could be alone. But many people recognized them and saw them leaving, and people from many towns ran ahead along the shore and got there ahead of them. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus also said, "The Kingdom of God is like a farmer who scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, while he's asleep or awake, the seed sprouts and grows, but he does not understand how it happens. The earth produces the crops on its own. First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Explaining his parable, Jesus said,] "The farmer plants seed by taking God's word to others." —Mark 4:14 NLT Key Thought Jesus explains his parable of the soils. One key component is the farmer in the story. The farmer is the person who shares God's message, the Good News from God, with...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom