2nd Interview

Thank you for sharing this honest request and for wanting to bring it before the Lord. It is painful to walk away from an opportunity feeling that you did not do your best, and that disappointment can feel very heavy.

The story of Job speaks to that kind of heaviness. That book is among the oldest in Scripture, yet the questions and needs Job voiced are the same ones we still carry today when we face loss, confusion, or failure. What helps to remember is the background Job himself could not see at first. God knew Job fully and even spoke well of him in heaven. There is an adversary who studies people and looks for weakness, but God remains sovereign and sets the limits. Nothing touches His people outside His knowledge and care, and He had placed a hedge around Job. In the same way, the Lord knows you, sees this interview, and is not unaware of your desire to provide and to do well.

Job also shows us that it is not wrong to cry out honestly when things feel overwhelming. Much of what Job said came from deep grief, and Scripture faithfully records those cries without presenting every word as settled doctrine. God invites that honesty. At the same time Job held to this truth, and we need to hold to it as well, that God is just and fair even when we do not understand His ways. There will be outcomes and open doors we cannot explain, but His character does not change.

Another comfort from Job is this, that what happened to him was written so that those who come after him would be comforted. Even when it seemed God had turned away, God was still at work. His friends offered little help because they assumed suffering always meant personal failure and tried to explain everything with accusations. In the end God corrected them and showed that He was working out a deeper purpose. Your worth before God is not measured by one interview, and a difficult performance does not mean you are disqualified in His eyes.

I will pray with you that God, in His wisdom, would open the door for a second interview if that is best for you, and that He would give you peace and clarity to trust His leading either way.

Father, in the name of Jesus I lift up this need to You. You know the disappointment of this first interview and the desire for another opportunity. You are just and good, and You are at work even when we cannot see it. I ask that You would provide according to Your perfect will, whether that is a second interview or another door that You have prepared. Give calmness, confidence, and words that honor You, and help this heart to rest in Your care and provision. Let Your will be done and let Your peace guard this heart. In Jesus name, amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I have an interview for a job tomorrow that I desperately want and need. I have done so much preparation for it but would really appreciate any support and prayers to get me through the interview tomorrow and to be successful getting the job
Replies
10
Views
120
I am asking for prayer that I get the job! I interviewed with the department manager Wednesday on Zoom, and moved forward to an in person one to meet the team leads and tour (done today). Please pray that I am favored above all other candidates remaining to interview for the position, and that...
Replies
14
Views
124
Hi, I have a job interview on Tuesday afternoon. I really really really need this job. It is super necessary for my mental health. Please continue praying even after Tuesday, in case I do not get this job, so I an get something similar. Thank you and God bless.
Replies
9
Views
49
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,275
Messages
16,809,190
Members
650,685
Latest member
Naluathor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom