29 December 2023 - The Crown of Life

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year :
Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12

Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried that she’d be late for a 5K run (just over 3 miles). Her anxiety led her to take off with a group of runners fifteen minutes earlier than her start time. She didn’t realise it, but they were participants of the half-marathon (more than 13 miles!). Lee Adianez fell in pace with other runners and put one foot in front of the other. At mile four, with the finish line nowhere in sight, she realised that she was in a longer and more difficult race. Instead of dropping out, she simply 3d615ef9 kept running. The accidental half-marathoner completed the race and placed 1,885th out of 2,111 finishers. Now that’s perseverance!

Like that story, I would also like to tell you about how while undergoing persecution, many first-century believers in Jesus wanted to drop out of the race for Christ, but James encouraged them to keep running. If they patiently endured testing, God promised a double reward (James 1:4, 12). Firstly, “perseverance [would] finish its work” so they could be “mature and complete, not lacking anything” (v. 4). Secondly, God would give them the “crown of life”—life in Jesus on earth and the promise of being in His presence in the life to come (v. 12).

Some days the Christian race feels like it’s not the one we signed up for—it’s something longer and more difficult than we expected. But as God provides what we need, we can persevere and keep on running.

Questions to answer & Pray

1) What difficulty are you enduring right now?

2) What can you do to remain faithful to God as you undergo testing?

Dear God, my legs are tired, and I feel like giving up. Please strengthen me.

Bible in a Year :
Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12

Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried that she’d be late for a 5K run (just over 3 miles). Her anxiety led her to take off with a group of runners fifteen minutes earlier than her start time. She didn’t realise it, but they were participants of the half-marathon (more than 13 miles!). Lee Adianez fell in pace with other runners and put one foot in front of the other. At mile four, with the finish line nowhere in sight, she realised that she was in a longer and more difficult race. Instead of dropping out, she simply 3d615ef9 kept running. The accidental half-marathoner completed the race and placed 1,885th out of 2,111 finishers. Now that’s perseverance!

Like that story, I would also like to tell you about how while undergoing persecution, many first-century believers in Jesus wanted to drop out of the race for Christ, but James encouraged them to keep running. If they patiently endured testing, God promised a double reward (James 1:4, 12). Firstly, “perseverance [would] finish its work” so they could be “mature and complete, not lacking anything” (v. 4). Secondly, God would give them the “crown of life”—life in Jesus on earth and the promise of being in His presence in the life to come (v. 12).

Some days the Christian race feels like it’s not the one we signed up for—it’s something longer and more difficult than we expected. But as God provides what we need, we can persevere and keep on running.

Questions to answer & Pray

1) What difficulty are you enduring right now?

2) What can you do to remain faithful to God as you undergo testing?

Dear God, my legs are tired, and I feel like giving up. Please strengthen me.
Persevere in the faith Jesus has given to all of us. Be grateful, be joyful, the Lord is near and we must be ready to get raptured up to heaven. Then, we shall reign with the Lord forever and ever. Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Haggai 1–2 , Revelation 17 Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19 After all the joy of Christmas Day, the following day felt like a let-down. We’d stayed overnight with friends but hadn’t slept well. Then our car broke down as we were...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Micah 4–5,Revelation 12 Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. Psalm 42:11 My mother’s shiny red cross should have been hanging next to her bed at the cancer care centre. And I should have been preparing for holiday visits between her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 42–44 , 1 John 1 From [Christ] the whole body . . . grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. Ephesians 4:16 When we think of best business practices, what first comes to mind probably aren’t qualities like kindness and generosity. But according...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And then I heard a beautiful sound in heaven above, those who surround the table of the Lamb started to sing praises to God almighty. The tune came up from above the roof and there were millions of angels surrounding a crown of victory given to those who were faithful and true to God. The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Hosea 1–4, Revelation 1 I will not forget you! - Isaiah 49:15 As a child, I collected postage stamps. When my angkong (Fukienese for “grandfather”) heard of my hobby, he started saving stamps from post deliveries to his office every day. Whenever I visited my grandparents...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom