26 December 2023 - The Day after Christmas

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year :
Haggai 1–2 , Revelation 17

Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
Luke 2:19

After all the joy of Christmas Day, the following day felt like a let-down. We’d stayed overnight with friends but hadn’t slept well. Then our car broke down as we were driving home. Then it started to snow. We had abandoned the car and taxied home in the snow and sleet feeling blah.

We’re not the only ones who’ve felt low after Christmas Day. Whether it’s from excessive eating, the way carols suddenly disappear from the radio, or the fact that the gifts we bought last week are now on sale half price, the magic of Christmas Day can quickly dissipate!

The Bible never tells us about when Jesus was born but it does tell us how Jesus was born. But we can imagine that after walking to Bethlehem, scrambling for accommodation, Mary’s pain in giving birth, and having shepherds drop by unannounced (Luke 2:4–18), Mary and Joseph were exhausted. Yet as Mary cradled her new-born, I can imagine her reflecting on her angelic visitation (1:30–33), Elizabeth’s blessing (vv. 42–45) and her own realisation of her baby’s destiny (vv. 46–55). Mary “pondered” such things in her heart (2:19), which must have lightened the tiredness and physical pain of that day.

We’ll all have ‘bad’ days, perhaps even the day after Christmas. Like Mary, let’s face them by thinking about the Holy One who came into our world, forever brightening it with His presence.

Reflect & Pray
When are you prone to feeling low after a high? How can you ponder today all that Jesus has brought into the world?

Dear Jesus, I praise You for entering our dark world, forever brightening my days with Your presence.

It is time to wait for Jesus arrival to earth to take us all home to heaven. After Christmas will tell us what the bible says. I am coming soon and My reward is with Me. So, let us all wait and see the wonders God will bring to our life.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Micah 4–5,Revelation 12 Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. Psalm 42:11 My mother’s shiny red cross should have been hanging next to her bed at the cancer care centre. And I should have been preparing for holiday visits between her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jeremiah describes a Pagan Custom very similar to Christmas In the following passage, Jeremiah describes a pagan custom that is very similar to Christmas in terms of its customs. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Proverbs 25–26, 2 Corinthians 9 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2 In 2014, biologists captured a pair of orange pygmy seahorses in the Philippines. They collected the marine creatures, along with a section...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 7–8, Ephesians 2 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25 On our last day before we moved house, my friend brought her four-year-old daughter Kinslee to say goodbye. “I don’t want you to move,” said Kinslee. I hugged her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Psalms 129–13, 11 Corinthians 11:1–16 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:13 As an emergency doctor in London, Laura felt called by God to serve in the war zone in Ukraine. She was privileged to help a man with severe facial scars...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom