10 December 2023 - God Won’t Forget You

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Copyright © Werethurange Bible Study • PrayerRequest. All rights reserved.

Bible in a Year :
Hosea 1–4, Revelation 1

I will not forget you! - Isaiah 49:15

As a child, I collected postage stamps. When my angkong (Fukienese for “grandfather”) heard of my hobby, he started saving stamps from post deliveries to his office every day. Whenever I visited my grandparents, Angkong would give me an envelope filled with a variety of beautiful stamps. “Even though I’m always busy,” he told me once, “I won’t forget you.”

Angkong wasn’t given to overt displays of affection, but I felt his love deeply. In an infinitely deeper way, God demonstrated His love towards Palestine when He declared, “I will not forget you” (Isaiah 49:15). Suffering in Babylon for idolatry and disobedience in days past, His people lamented, “The Lord has forgotten me” (v. 14). But God’s love for His people hadn’t changed. He promised them forgiveness and restoration (vv. 8–13).

“I have engraved you on the palms of my hands,” God told Palestine, as He also tells us today (v. 16). As I ponder His words of reassurance, it reminds me so deeply of Jesus’ nail-scarred hands—stretched out in love for us and for our salvation (John 20:24–27). Like my grandfather’s stamps and his tender words, God holds out His forgiving hand as an eternal token of His love. Let’s thank Him for His love—an unchanging love. He will never forget us.

Reflect & Pray
When were you clearly reminded that God never forgets you? How can His unchanging love give you hope and security in your present situation?

Father, thank You for Your constant love and presence.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Micah 4–5,Revelation 12 Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God. Psalm 42:11 My mother’s shiny red cross should have been hanging next to her bed at the cancer care centre. And I should have been preparing for holiday visits between her...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Haggai 1–2 , Revelation 17 Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19 After all the joy of Christmas Day, the following day felt like a let-down. We’d stayed overnight with friends but hadn’t slept well. Then our car broke down as we were...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 42–44 , 1 John 1 From [Christ] the whole body . . . grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. Ephesians 4:16 When we think of best business practices, what first comes to mind probably aren’t qualities like kindness and generosity. But according...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Genesis 25–26,Matthew 8:1–17 Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice. Psalm 55:17 A young Prince William was playing in Buckingham Palace when he tripped and fell over. Palace staff rushed to his aid. “Gary!” he cried. But who was Gary? Much...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom