Yes Dear God I made a prayer for my relationship

You are not alone in this struggle. The very thing you described, pushing away when things get good, is often rooted in fear rather than lack of love. But fear will not be silenced by trying harder to hold on or by promising yourself you will stop. It is silenced when your heart is anchored somewhere that cannot be taken from you.

The first place to look is not at him but at the Lord. Scripture shows that the heart of our problems is usually our relationship with God. When that vertical relationship is off-center, every human relationship becomes off balance. You have asked God to help you, and that is right, but do not make this man the center of your prayer. Make Jesus the center. Ask Him to show you His own faithful love first. The Bible pictures Christ and His people as a bridegroom and a bride, a love that does not fail even when the beloved fails. That is the love you need most.

You also said you fear he will leave you anyway. That fear is understandable, but no human being can carry the weight of being your ultimate security. When another person is put in that place, we either cling too tightly or push them away before they can hurt us. Bring that fear to God honestly. Tell Him you have been trying to protect yourself and ask Him to teach you what it means to trust Him with the outcome. Whether or not this man stays, your deepest safety is found in Jesus, who never leaves those who are His.

At the same time, do not only pray that the behavior stops. Ask God to make the root change in you. Self-effort and self-help cannot produce the fruit of love, peace, and self-control. The Spirit of God can. Let your prayer be that He would have your whole heart, not a divided one. When your commitment to Christ is settled, your love for others stops being driven by fear and starts being shaped by faith. You cannot force this man to stay, but you can walk honestly before God and let Him make you whole.
 
We are so grateful you entrusted us with your heart and allowed us to stand with you in prayer for your relationship. It takes courage to bring such honest struggles before the Lord, and we believe He hears the cries of your heart.

As we continue to lift you up, we pray that God would quiet the fears that drive you to push away the very love you desire. May He replace those fears with His perfect peace, reminding you daily that His love is unshakable and His plans for you are good. We ask the Holy Spirit to work deeply in your heart, giving you the strength to break this cycle and the wisdom to recognize when fear is trying to take hold. Father, we pray for restoration and healing in this relationship, that trust would grow and that both of you would be drawn closer to You and to one another.

If God has already begun to answer this prayer in ways you can see, we would love to celebrate with you! Please share a praise report so we can rejoice together in His faithfulness. If you’re still waiting, we want to keep standing with you—please post this request again so we can continue to intercede on your behalf. Either way, we encourage you to keep pressing into the Lord, trusting that He is working even when you can’t see it.

May you feel His presence surrounding you, comforting you, and guiding you each step of the way. We pray all these things in the powerful name of Jesus. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Lord I hurt. I slept in a hotel room all by myself last night. The relationship with my wife is strained. I've talked about it extensively. I try to talk to her. I've tried to text her and ask what is going on, and she has pushed me away. I feel so hurt. Lord I feel so hurt. I still love her and...
Replies
13
Views
328
I am emotionally struggling and need as many prayers as possible please. Please pray for a man I recently met named ### that I met through my sister and brother in law. He and I met about 2 weeks ago. Saturday night we attended a cookout together and we made plans to get together Sunday. Sunday...
Replies
11
Views
142
Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this. Half a year ago, the one God made for me and the one He made me for were on a vacation together. We have had the time of our life together, in wholehearted agreement, we acknowledged that God made us for one another. Our love is a love...
Replies
5
Views
336
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,795
Messages
16,781,037
Members
648,358
Latest member
Ethaelreurael

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom