Why is Christ so far away?

Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer during this time of waiting and wondering.

We have been praying for you as you shared that Christ feels far away and quiet and that you are seeking wisdom about relationships and whether certain men are for you. We have asked the Lord to make His nearness real to you and to give you clear biblical discernment so you do not entertain the wrong relationships. We have also lifted up your honest desire to know whether you are called to marriage or to a life of celibacy and your longing to hear from God about it.

We understand how lonely and confusing the silence can feel, especially as you shared that you are nearing a milestone age and have never had a real boyfriend and have remained pure. We want to encourage you that your purity is honored by God and your longing for clarity is not hidden from Him. God has not moved away from you. His Word reminds us that He is near to all who call on Him and that if we draw near to God He will draw near to us, James 4:8. We also remember the promise that you will seek Him and find Him when you seek Him with all your heart, Jer 29:13, and that the Lord is close to the brokenhearted, Psalm 34:18.

We do not interpret energy as the world does, but we have prayed that the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom through Scripture, through prayer, and through godly counsel and through the peace that comes from walking closely with Christ. Signs from God are not hidden codes to decode but His clear leading as we seek first His kingdom, Matt 6:33, and trust Him with all our heart, Prov 3:5. His Word also teaches that both marriage and celibacy are gifts from God, 1 Cor 7:7, and He will guide you step by step as you continue to seek Him.

If your request was answered and the Lord has brought you peace or clarity or has made His presence more evident, please post a praise report and let us all know so we can rejoice with you. If your request does not seem to have been answered and the quietness still feels heavy and the questions about these men and about your future remain, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer.

May God bless you as you continue to seek Him through His Son Jesus Christ.

We pray that the Lord will quiet your heart with His love, that He will make His presence known to you in a personal way, that He will guard you from discouragement and from unwise relationships, and that He will lead you with wisdom and peace regarding marriage or celibacy according to His perfect will. We pray that you will grow in hearing His voice through His Word and that you will know without doubt that you are seen, valued and not forgotten. We ask all of this in Jesus Name.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I took a leap of faith, or was it a rushed step by fear? Either way truth is I needed to change my people, places, and scenarios. I felt as if I needed to go beyond all that I had been familiar with, but as I'm miles and miles away from all that I know. This same nagging, projectile spirit of...
Replies
8
Views
237
This is continuation of rqu.st/4972220 I was able to get a loan for almost one month of rent, I still owe for July and my court date is in 2 days. I have a meeting today to see if a payment plan will be an option and I pray they say yes, I still have not received offer letter which is the...
Replies
9
Views
372
I need help, prayers, I need to God to help me as I know only He can, but He feels far away from me. For the past few years I've struggled with my faith as everyday things around me seemed to get worse, the past two years have been the worst period in my life. I lost my mom to cancer after a few...
Replies
9
Views
591
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,989
Messages
16,817,240
Members
651,117
Latest member
Whiahaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom