'Which Reaction Will Be Mine?' - Luke 20:17-19

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jesus looked at [the people who had heard his story about the tenant farmers who killed the landowner's son, hoping to get the vineyard for themselves,] and said, "Then what does this Scripture mean?
'The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.'

"Everyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on."

The teachers of religious law and the leading priests wanted to arrest Jesus immediately because they realized he was telling the story against them — they were the wicked farmers. But they were afraid of the people's reaction.

Luke 20:17-19 NLT

Key Thought​

There are at least three ways to respond when Jesus speaks the truth about your sin:
  1. You can pretend it doesn't apply to you and ignore it.
  2. You can do what the religious leaders did here: You can become enraged at the truth and try to get rid of the truth-teller.
  3. You can be convicted in your heart and change your life.

While the events in which we face these three choices are not as significant as what was happening with Jesus in Jerusalem, we do face these choices. So what are we going to do with the truth about our sin? My prayer is that we will all be convicted and change our lives, and I invite you to join in Today's Prayer toward those goals.

Today's Prayer​

Father, when I hear the truth, please convict my heart and help me change my life. I don't want to ignore or rationalize my sin away. I don't want to let Satan harden my heart to the truth. Help me be convicted of my sin and commit to living your truth no matter the personal cost to me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Jesus looked at [the people who had heard his story about the tenant farmers who killed the landowner's son, hoping to get the vineyard for themselves,] and said, "Then what does this Scripture mean?

"Everyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on."

The teachers of religious law and the leading priests wanted to arrest Jesus immediately because they realized he was telling the story against them — they were the wicked farmers. But they were afraid of the people's reaction.

Luke 20:17-19 NLT

Key Thought​

There are at least three ways to respond when Jesus speaks the truth about your sin:
  1. You can pretend it doesn't apply to you and ignore it.
  2. You can do what the religious leaders did here: You can become enraged at the truth and try to get rid of the truth-teller.
  3. You can be convicted in your heart and change your life.

While the events in which we face these three choices are not as significant as what was happening with Jesus in Jerusalem, we do face these choices. So what are we going to do with the truth about our sin? My prayer is that we will all be convicted and change our lives, and I invite you to join in Today's Prayer toward those goals.

Today's Prayer​

Father, when I hear the truth, please convict my heart and help me change my life. I don't want to ignore or rationalize my sin away. I don't want to let Satan harden my heart to the truth. Help me be convicted of my sin and commit to living your truth no matter the personal cost to me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2023 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
My reaction is Gods word. Thou shall not kill.

Similar Requests

• Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs,] those who had seen what happened told the others about the demon-possessed man and the pigs. And the crowd began pleading with Jesus to go away and leave them alone. —Mark 5:16-17 NLT Key Thought Most folks are afraid of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When asked why his disciples didn't fast,] Jesus replied, "Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. They can't fast while the groom is with them. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast." —Mark 2:19-20 NLT Key Thought The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now Jesus turned to the people again and told them this story: "A man planted a vineyard, leased it to tenant farmers, and moved to another country to live for several years. At the time of the grape harvest, he sent one of his servants to collect his share of the crop. But the farmers attacked...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom