We Are Not Fooled!

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here's how you test for the genuine Spirit of God. Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ — the Son of God, who came as an actual flesh-and-blood person — comes from God and belongs to God. And everyone who refuses to confess faith in Jesus has nothing in common with God. This is the spirit of antichrist that you heard was coming. Well, here it is, sooner than we thought!

1 John 4:2-3 MESSAGE

Key Thought

Over the years, many people have speculated on the human identity of the antichrist. However, we must realize that many live under the influence of the evil one. They are influenced by the spirit of the antichrist, just as many were in New Testament times (1 John 2:18). All who do not confess that Jesus is the Son of God, the actual flesh-and-blood person who lived and walked among us as God with us (Matthew 1:23), have the spirit of the antichrist at work within them (Ephesians 2:1-5). The Holy Spirit, our anointing from God, teaches us the truth about Jesus (1 John 2:18-27). We are not fooled by those who deny the truth about Jesus. The Spirit of God helps us safeguard the truth entrusted to us (2 Timothy 1:14).

Today's Prayer

Father, I know there are many who are sincere, but who have given up the truth about Jesus. I confess that I cannot really comprehend how anyone can be fully divine and also fully human. But what I cannot comprehend, I trust as true because of the testimony of Scripture and the influence of the Holy Spirit on my heart and my mind. Please renew my mind, deepen my reverence, and strengthen my faith that Jesus became human for me so that I can know the grace you have for me. I humbly thank you for this grace in Jesus' name. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware.
Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.

Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

MWul8iXaeHE

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee's sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men. —Mark 1:19-20 NLT Key Thought There is a cost to following Jesus. Some...
Replies
Views
  • Article
John announced: "Someone is coming soon who is greater than I am... I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit!" —Mark 1:7-8 NLT Key Thought Jesus has the power and authority to send the Spirit and make us new. John could talk about the Holy Spirit and operate by...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!" —Mark 1:23-24 NLT Key Thought One of the things that we will see again and again in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So [Jesus] traveled throughout the region of Galilee, preaching in the synagogues and casting out demons. —Mark 1:39 NLT Key Thought In the previous verses, Jesus committed to his mission to preach in the villages and cities. In today's verse, he went all over Galilee sharing the message of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
So Jesus healed many people who were sick with various diseases, and he cast out many demons. But because the demons knew who he was, he did not allow them to speak. —Mark 1:34 NLT Key Thought Jesus' power was not limited. As the Son of God, he had power over all different kinds of diseases...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom