Understanding of the book of Revelation.

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

For those of you who want a better understanding of the book of Revelation.

The Bible Project
Overview: Revelation Ch. 1-11 @
Overview: Revelation Ch. 12-22 @

Allen Parr
The Book of Revelation Explained in Under 5 Minutes @

Got Questions
"How can I understand the Book of Revelation?" @ https://www.gotquestions.org/Book-Revelation.html

Question: "How can I understand the Book of Revelation?"

A simple outline for the book of Revelation is found in Revelation 1:19. In the first chapter, the risen and exalted Christ is speaking to John. Christ tells John to “write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.” The things John had already seen are recorded in chapter 1. The “things which are” (that were present in John's day) are recorded in chapters 2–3 (the letters to the churches). The “things that will take place” (future things) are recorded in chapters 4–22.

Generally speaking, chapters 4–18 of Revelation deal with God's judgments on the people of the earth. These judgments are not for the church (1 Thessalonians 5:2, 9). Before the judgments begin, the church will have been removed from the earth in an event called the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52). Chapters 4–18 describe a time of “Jacob's trouble”—trouble for Israel (Jeremiah 30:7; Daniel 9:12, 12:1). It is also a time when God will judge unbelievers for their rebellion against Him.

Chapter 19 describes Christ's return with the church, the bride of Christ. He defeats the beast and the false prophet and casts them into the lake of fire. In Chapter 20, Christ has Satan bound and cast in the Abyss. Then Christ sets up His kingdom on earth that will last 1000 years. At the end of the 1000 years, Satan is released and he leads a rebellion against God. He is quickly defeated and also cast into the lake of fire. Then the final judgment occurs, the judgment for all unbelievers, when they too are cast into the lake of fire.

Chapters 21 and 22 describe what is referred to as the eternal state. In these chapters, God tells us what eternity with Him will be like. The book of Revelation is understandable. God would not have given it to us if its meaning were entirely a mystery. The key to understanding the book of Revelation is to interpret it as literally as possible—it says what it means and means what it says.

Encourager Linda Flagg, M.A., BCPCLC
Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach

Cece Winans - Hallelujah To The King

Last edited:
"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Bible in a Year : Zechariah 9–12 , Revelation 20 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12 Twelve-year-old Lee Adianez Rodriguez-Espada was worried...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This Teaching Clip made me think. Please Listen To Short Podcast: Matthew 7:1-2 Do Not Judge “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. The Measure of Grace At first glance, it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
God’s Word Is My Foundation John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Psalm 119:160: The entirety of Your Word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. John 17:17: Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Leviticus 11–12 , Matthew 26:1–25 I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name. - 2 Samuel 22:50 Throughout her historic seventy years as Britain’s ruler, Queen Elizabeth II only endorsed only one biography about her life with a personal...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 37–38,Colossians 3 May [God] give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Ephesians 1:17 In 2001, a premature baby named Christopher Duffley surprised doctors by surviving. At five months old, he entered the foster care system until his...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom