Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Whenever, though, [the Israelites] turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are — face to face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 MESSAGE

Key Thought​

No passage better describes the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives than this one. We've met it before in our God's Holy Fire devotionals, but it is worth hearing it from different translations. The work of the Holy Spirit is so vital in the new covenant people of God, as we have seen in previous devotionals. God is a personal presence through the living Holy Spirit, alive in us to transfigure us into the character and compassion of Jesus. That is the Spirit's goal — that Jesus would come to live in us in our daily lives as we are transformed to be more and more like him each day.

Today's Prayer​

Almighty God, do your work in me to make me more like Jesus today than yesterday, and even more like him every tomorrow until that day he brings me home to you. I thank you for the Holy Spirit, who is your living presence in me and who is given me by your grace to accomplish this work in me. In Jesus' name, I thank you! Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
aRrmNIIY0YU

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness, where he was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him. —Mark 1:12-13 NLT Key Thought When you feel alone, abandoned, and under attack, where do you turn for help? Jesus trusted in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After appearing to the disciples and eating with them, then Jesus] said, "When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about me in the law of Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled." Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing to talk about his return, Jesus said,] "When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah's day. In those days, the people enjoyed banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat and the flood came and destroyed them all." —Luke 17:26-27 NLT...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now there was a good and righteous man named Joseph. He was a member of the Jewish high council, but he had not agreed with the decision and actions of the other religious leaders. He was from the town of Arimathea in Judea, and he was waiting for the Kingdom of God to come. He went to Pilate...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Then the Lord said, "Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don't you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom