Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him. Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won't know what we're talking about.

Romans 8:9 MESSAGE

Key Thought​

God's children have the Spirit of Christ living in them. But rather than having the Spirit just as a visiting guest, those who follow Jesus want to welcome the Holy Spirit to his home in their hearts. Rather than thinking about ourselves, we will focus our hearts and our attention on the will of God and the work of Jesus that the Spirit longs to empower us to accomplish in our lives.

Today's Prayer​

O Holy Spirit, welcome to your home in my heart. I pray that you will help me know the will of God in all things, that you will convict me when I sin or stray from the Father's will, and that you will conform me to be like Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.
qHdJ30Pqtn4

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
John announced: "Someone is coming soon who is greater than I am... I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit!" —Mark 1:7-8 NLT Key Thought Jesus has the power and authority to send the Spirit and make us new. John could talk about the Holy Spirit and operate by...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[When asked why his disciples didn't fast,] Jesus replied, "Do wedding guests fast while celebrating with the groom? Of course not. They can't fast while the groom is with them. But someday the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast." —Mark 2:19-20 NLT Key Thought The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness,... —Mark 1:12 NLT Key Thought Jesus was led and guided by the Holy Spirit — in both good times and bad times. Just as Jesus went to face temptation in the wilderness immediately after his baptism, we too find ourselves in powerful...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus went into the synagogue again and noticed a man with a deformed hand. —Mark 3:1 NLT Key Thought Jesus touched many people with his compassion, care, healing, comfort, and teaching. How did he reach so many people? Some came to him for healing because they had heard of his power over...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness, where he was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him. —Mark 1:12-13 NLT Key Thought When you feel alone, abandoned, and under attack, where do you turn for help? Jesus trusted in...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom