Today's Verse - Ruth 1:16 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.

Ruth 1:16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

This beautiful statement of loyalty makes its way into thousands of weddings each year. Incredibly, this wasn't originally a pledge of a bride or groom. Instead, it was the pledge of Ruth to her mother-in-law — some would call her an ex-mother-in-law since Ruth's husband, Naomi's son, had died. Ruth, however, never treated Naomi as an "ex" of any kind. God loves loyalty and bestows his blessing and favor when we are faithful to others. In an era where people are thrown away as readily as paper plates, paper napkins, and soft drink cans, let's remember that loyalty is a quality that God not only loves but also a character trait that he defines for us in Jesus. So, let's see our loyalty to our friends, family, and other followers of Jesus as a crucial and God-honoring commitment. God used Ruth's loyalty to change history and bring us Jesus!

My Prayer...​

Almighty and faithful God, thank you for your loyalty to your covenant promises to Israel. Thank you for not giving up on your people or abandoning your promises despite the fickleness and unfaithfulness of your children. Bless us today as we seek to be loyal and honorable people, your true children in a turbulent and treacherous world. May the light of faithfulness seen in us beckon others to find stability and hope in your grace and among your people. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.

Ruth 1:16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

This beautiful statement of loyalty makes its way into thousands of weddings each year. Incredibly, this wasn't originally a pledge of a bride or groom. Instead, it was the pledge of Ruth to her mother-in-law — some would call her an ex-mother-in-law since Ruth's husband, Naomi's son, had died. Ruth, however, never treated Naomi as an "ex" of any kind. God loves loyalty and bestows his blessing and favor when we are faithful to others. In an era where people are thrown away as readily as paper plates, paper napkins, and soft drink cans, let's remember that loyalty is a quality that God not only loves but also a character trait that he defines for us in Jesus. So, let's see our loyalty to our friends, family, and other followers of Jesus as a crucial and God-honoring commitment. God used Ruth's loyalty to change history and bring us Jesus!

My Prayer...​

Almighty and faithful God, thank you for your loyalty to your covenant promises to Israel. Thank you for not giving up on your people or abandoning your promises despite the fickleness and unfaithfulness of your children. Bless us today as we seek to be loyal and honorable people, your true children in a turbulent and treacherous world. May the light of faithfulness seen in us beckon others to find stability and hope in your grace and among your people. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Lovely story of true love coming from Gods heart. Jesus will never ever leave us nor forsake us.

Similar Requests

• Article
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. —Ephesians 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Ephesians and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. —1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. —1 Peter 4:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom