Today's Verse - Romans 8:25 (KJV)

But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

—Romans 8:25 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


I'm not good at waiting. I don't like waiting for Christmas. I don't like waiting in line to check out or check in somewhere. I don't like waiting for someone who is late. I don't like waiting for a surprise. I don't like to wait for.... well, you get the idea, I don't like to wait. But my hope in the LORD gives me patience beyond my human tendency. As much as the LORD has blessed me, I'm fully confident that I can't even begin to imagine the good things Jesus has in store for me when he comes again! So, while I wait, I try to stay busy, busy loving my Father in heaven and busy sharing his grace with others.

My Prayer...​


Thank you, dear Father, for the patience I possess as I await Jesus' coming. This patience is beyond my normal inclination, and I recognize it as a gift from your indwelling Spirit. Bless my efforts at leading others to know Jesus and to find salvation in him. Bless my faith so that it will be strong and endure my waiting. Please bless my life, not with worldly goods but with godly patience and compassionate character, so I can be a light to others. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

—Romans 8:25 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


I'm not good at waiting. I don't like waiting for Christmas. I don't like waiting in line to check out or check in somewhere. I don't like waiting for someone who is late. I don't like waiting for a surprise. I don't like to wait for.... well, you get the idea, I don't like to wait. But my hope in the LORD gives me patience beyond my human tendency. As much as the LORD has blessed me, I'm fully confident that I can't even begin to imagine the good things Jesus has in store for me when he comes again! So, while I wait, I try to stay busy, busy loving my Father in heaven and busy sharing his grace with others.

My Prayer...​


Thank you, dear Father, for the patience I possess as I await Jesus' coming. This patience is beyond my normal inclination, and I recognize it as a gift from your indwelling Spirit. Bless my efforts at leading others to know Jesus and to find salvation in him. Bless my faith so that it will be strong and endure my waiting. Please bless my life, not with worldly goods but with godly patience and compassionate character, so I can be a light to others. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Amen, in Jesus' name
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? —Romans 8:32 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If God gave up his Son to save us, what will he not do to bless, guide, and keep us? That's Paul's point in our verse...
Replies
0
Views
70
  • Article Article
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: —Romans 5:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I remember the Corrie ten Boom phrase, "Thank God for the fleas." The fleas kept the German soldiers...
Replies
0
Views
79
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
101
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,040
Messages
16,818,054
Members
651,149
Latest member
Toreemoroantel

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom