Today's Verse - Romans 8:18 (KJV)

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

—Romans 8:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Life in our fallen world, which is under the influence of the evil one, is hard and sometimes filled with suffering and persecution. Is it worth it trying to live for Jesus in a hostile world? Oh yes! It's more than worth it. We can't begin to imagine God's glory reserved for us with him in heaven. No matter how hard, hurtful, and painful our trip through this world may be, our future with God holds something incomparably better. Does that mean my difficulties are meaningless or insignificant? Absolutely not! Our future glory with God does mean that it is more than worth our efforts to hang in, be faithful, and honor him, for we will receive his glorious reward!

My Prayer...​


Father, I confess that I don't like suffering, pain, disappointment, persecution, ridicule, or sorrow. I do, however, believe that your promises are true. I hold on to the promise that the glory you have in store for me is far greater than the difficulties I face right now. Strengthen me for the days ahead and use me to bring your glory no matter my current situation. In Jesus' name, I endure, persevere, and hope. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: —Romans 5:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I remember the Corrie ten Boom phrase, "Thank God for the fleas." The fleas kept the German soldiers...
Replies
0
Views
77
  • Article Article
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. —Romans 8:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul didn't make this statement lightly. He knew hardship! Take a look at the list of just some of the painful...
Replies
0
Views
413
  • Article Article
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? —Romans 8:32 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If God gave up his Son to save us, what will he not do to bless, guide, and keep us? That's Paul's point in our verse...
Replies
0
Views
70
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,367
Messages
16,810,296
Members
650,756
Latest member
Halieriernar

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom