Today's Verse - Romans 8:18 (KJV)

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

—Romans 8:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Paul didn't make this statement lightly. He knew hardship! Take a look at the list of just some of the painful challenges the apostle endured in his letter to the Corinthians (2 Corinthians 11:22-33). His "present sufferings" make most of our difficulties seem tame by comparison. However, Paul could say confidently that the glory he would have with Christ would be so incredible, with blessings so fantastic, that his hardships in this life would pale in comparison to that glory. Paul was not only confident that he would share in that glory, but he was confident that it would be ours as well! And how can we be sure? Because the resurrected Jesus, who has ascended to the Father, holds us close to him and our future is bound up in his glory (Colossians 3:1-4)!

My Prayer...​


Holy and Almighty God, you are awesome, glorious, and majestic. I praise you for reaching down and saving me by your grace. Father, most of the time, my faith is strong and I feel confident about my future. However, at times my faith can waver when I'm confronted with grave difficulties. Please give me courage and boldness, dear Father, to face those challenges with the conviction that these sufferings are minor in comparison to the glory you will share with me when Jesus returns and brings me to you. In Jesus' name, I wait expectantly for that day as I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? —Romans 8:32 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If God gave up his Son to save us, what will he not do to bless, guide, and keep us? That's Paul's point in our verse...
Replies
0
Views
69
  • Article Article
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: —Romans 5:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I remember the Corrie ten Boom phrase, "Thank God for the fleas." The fleas kept the German soldiers...
Replies
0
Views
75
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
97
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,405
Messages
16,799,517
Members
649,910
Latest member
Cioraenmor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom