Today's Verse - Romans 8:18 (KJV)

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

—Romans 8:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"Life is pain... Anyone who says differently is selling you something." This line from the movie "Princess Bride" is poignantly accurate. However, it is not eternally accurate! Better days are ahead for those of us who follow Jesus, and these better days are far better than anything we can begin to imagine. As the old song says, "O that will be, glory for me... when by Thy grace I shall look on His face, that will be glory, be glory, for me."

My Prayer...​


Please, Almighty God, give me the courage and vision to anticipate from afar the ultimate realization of grace that you have waiting for me. I want to fully believe that you are working to bring me home to you and to that glory — a glory that makes all present sufferings insignificant compared to what you will reveal to me and in me. In Jesus' name, I anticipate this day as I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? —Romans 8:32 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If God gave up his Son to save us, what will he not do to bless, guide, and keep us? That's Paul's point in our verse...
Replies
0
Views
70
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
100
  • Article Article
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: —Romans 5:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I remember the Corrie ten Boom phrase, "Thank God for the fleas." The fleas kept the German soldiers...
Replies
0
Views
79
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,008
Messages
16,817,776
Members
651,134
Latest member
Clielkuurdale

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom