For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

—Romans 8:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Paul knew hardship: take a look at the list of just some of the difficult challenges he had to face in 2 Corinthians 11:22-33. His "present sufferings" make most of our difficulties seem tame by comparison. However, Paul could say confidently that the glory he would have with Christ (cf. Col. 3:1-4) would be so incredible, with blessings so fantastic, that his hardships are minor in comparison. That glory will also be ours! Now isn't that fantastic news.

My Prayer...​


Holy and Almighty God, you are awesome, glorious, and majestic. I praise you for reaching down and saving me by your grace. Father, most of the time my faith is strong and I feel confident about my future. However, at times my faith can waver when I'm confronted with grave difficulties. Give me courage and boldness, dear God, to face those challenges with the conviction that they are actually minor in comparison to the glory you will share with me when Jesus returns. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
cMwNQE7tKFQ


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? —Romans 8:32 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If God gave up his Son to save us, what will he not do to bless, guide, and keep us? That's Paul's point in our verse...
Replies
0
Views
69
  • Article Article
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. —Romans 8:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul didn't make this statement lightly. He knew hardship! Take a look at the list of just some of the painful...
Replies
0
Views
412
  • Article Article
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: —Romans 5:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I remember the Corrie ten Boom phrase, "Thank God for the fleas." The fleas kept the German soldiers...
Replies
0
Views
75
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,317
Messages
16,798,014
Members
649,848
Latest member
Syluyrior

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom