But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

—Romans 5:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Interestingly, the Bible doesn't ever just say that God loves us. Instead, it says: "God demonstrated his love..." "In this is love, not that we loved God but that God loved us and gave..." "For God so loved the world that he gave..." Love is more than emotion or intention. True love, redemptive love, God-styled love is active; it does something. For us, Jesus did more than something; he sacrificed everything. What's more, he did it when we most needed it. He demonstrated his love when we were sinners!

My Prayer...​


Father, thank you for loving me. I love you. I love you for what you've done. I love you for who you are. I love you for your promises. I love you for your faithfulness. Most of all, dear Father, I love you because of Jesus who showed me just how much you love me. Please empower me to show my love by serving and giving to others as Jesus did. In his name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
uRlK3k_wz0g


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. —Romans...
Replies
0
Views
212
  • Article Article
For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. —Romans 14:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... One of the incredible realizations we have as Christians is that our relationship with the LORD is...
Replies
0
Views
104
  • Article Article
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: —Ephesians 5:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our before and after: we were lost, now found; we were darkness, now light. This should be our journey of grace. "I once was lost, but now I'm found...
Replies
0
Views
79
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,133
Messages
16,796,459
Members
649,676
Latest member
Jiadale

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom