Today's Verse - Romans 3:9-10 (KJV)

What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one...

—Romans 3:9-10 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Paul is driving home the point in Romans 3 that none of us can come close to approximating God's perfection, righteousness, compassion, grace, and holiness. So how do we get there? How do we escape the stranglehold and guilt of sin? God's answer is Jesus! I believe that must be our answer, too!

Jesus came to ransom us from sin (Mark 10:45), paying the price for our sin even while we were sinners (Romans 5:6-11). We couldn't earn our way to God by our goodness, so Jesus became our bridge back to God. The glorious truth is now this:
God made him [Jesus] who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

My Prayer...​


Holy and Righteous God, I acknowledge my sinfulness as I come into your presence in prayer. Yet by faith, dear Father, I trust in what your Son did for me through his death, burial, and resurrection. I believe my trust in his work and your grace will bring me life and make me holy (Colossians 1:22). Please bless and empower me to live as your victorious child because of your amazing grace and the power of the Holy Spirit within me. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. —Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) Thoughts on...
Replies
0
Views
259
  • Article Article
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: —Romans 3:23-24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "I blew it!" Come to think of it, we've all blown it! We don't measure up. We're not divine. We are...
Replies
0
Views
197
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
101
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,148
Messages
16,819,312
Members
651,208
Latest member
Qoiville

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom