Today's Verse - Romans 12:2 (KJV)

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

—Romans 12:2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Sooner or later, we must decide: Will I be a nonconformist? Will I refuse to be squeezed into conformity with the world? Will I be part of a Christian counter-culture? Will I be God's person, an alien and an exile in the world, a follower of Jesus put here to have a redemptive influence? Jesus calls us his disciples. So, bottom line: until we are ready to step across the line of cultural conformity and live totally for the LORD Jesus, we're not going to recognize fully what God's will is for us. There are no armchair quarterback Christians. There are no sideline disciples. There are no back-seat-driver Christians. We either choose the Lordship of Jesus and refuse to be conformed to the world or reject it. So what's your decision? Let's be non-conformists and live for Jesus.

My Prayer...​


Holy God, I believe that Jesus Christ is LORD and Savior. I believe he came to earth as a human, lived an exemplary life of grace and power, and died for my sins so I could live for you and with you forever. Please forgive me, O God, for the times I have hedged on my commitment to you and flirted with the darkness. I want to live for you with passion, joy, and fulfillment. I offer myself to you so that the Holy Spirit can continue transforming me into being like Christ and living in nonconformity to the world. In his name, Jesus the LORD, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. —Romans 12:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Three key realities of our discipleship are belonging, usefulness, and...
Replies
0
Views
109
  • Article Article
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. —Romans 12:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The wisdom of heaven...
Replies
0
Views
119
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
100
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,991
Messages
16,817,339
Members
651,117
Latest member
Whiahaven

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom