Today's Verse - Psalm 69:5-6 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

Psalm 69:5-6 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

While we're all weak and sinful, we are thankful to have Jesus to atone for our sins and to intercede before the Father on our behalf. Hallelujah for that grace! However, there are still a couple of significant problems with our sins. This verse reminds us of one of them. We don't want our sins to become a stumbling block to others or a disgrace to God and his people. Let's avoid sin because that is what God wants us to do. Let's avoid sin so it won't reflect poorly on God's people. Let's certainly avoid sin to keep from influencing others to sin. Let's also pray for ourselves and our brothers and sisters in Christ that God will not allow our failures to disgrace his Church, his Christ, and his cause.

My Prayer...​

Forgive me, loving Shepherd, for my sins. I am sorry for rebelling against your grace. I am fully confident you have forgiven and cleansed me of my sins through Jesus' sacrifice. But please, dear God, use your divine power to prevent my sins and failures from bringing shame or embarrassment to you and your people as I seek to be a more redemptive influence on those around me. In Jesus' mighty name and based on your grace, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

Psalm 69:5-6 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

While we're all weak and sinful, we are thankful to have Jesus to atone for our sins and to intercede before the Father on our behalf. Hallelujah for that grace! However, there are still a couple of significant problems with our sins. This verse reminds us of one of them. We don't want our sins to become a stumbling block to others or a disgrace to God and his people. Let's avoid sin because that is what God wants us to do. Let's avoid sin so it won't reflect poorly on God's people. Let's certainly avoid sin to keep from influencing others to sin. Let's also pray for ourselves and our brothers and sisters in Christ that God will not allow our failures to disgrace his Church, his Christ, and his cause.

My Prayer...​

Forgive me, loving Shepherd, for my sins. I am sorry for rebelling against your grace. I am fully confident you have forgiven and cleansed me of my sins through Jesus' sacrifice. But please, dear God, use your divine power to prevent my sins and failures from bringing shame or embarrassment to you and your people as I seek to be a more redemptive influence on those around me. In Jesus' mighty name and based on your grace, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
God knows everything we do or say. Let us all live a life that pleases Him.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. —Romans 4:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Why are the Cross and the Empty Tomb so important? Everything essential and truly lasting in this life and our salvation in the life to come depends upon Jesus'...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. —Proverbs 4:27 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When I see someone swerving in and out of their lane during heavy traffic, I immediately go into a defensive driving mode. Whether they are drunk, sleepy, distracted, or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree. —Galatians 3:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Cursed! Not just in the sense that he was mocked and his detractors cursed at him, but in the sense...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. —Genesis 3:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Ouch...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. —James 4:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom