Today's Verse - Psalm 138:8 (KJV)

The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

—Psalm 138:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Notice the powerful beauty of this verse from the psalm.

First is conviction: "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me." (See also Philippians 1:6.)

Second is declaration: "your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever." (See also 1 Corinthians 13:8).

Finally is supplication: O LORD"do not abandon the works of your hand.". (See also Psalms 139:13-16).

What a beautiful balance for our walk with the LORD — conviction, declaration, and supplication.
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever — do not abandon the works of your hands.


For clarity, please note that the translation above blends the NIV and ESV of Psalm 138:8.

My Prayer...​


Heavenly Father, the LORD of all, I am confident that you will accomplish your will and purpose in me. Seeing how you loved and worked through the centuries through your people, I know your love will endure long past my time on earth. However, dear LORD, I do face some struggles and difficulties in my time, so I ask you to please intervene with your grace and power in my life. Please fulfill your purpose for me. And please, do not abandon me, the work of your hands. In Jesus' name, I confidently pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. —Psalm 138:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God has a purpose and plan for each of our lives, something unique he purposed for each of us as he created each of...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. —Psalm 138:2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... For Christians, God's temple is one of two related things: either the Christian's physical...
Replies
0
Views
133
  • Article Article
I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. —Psalm 16:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Many things can trouble our lives, but none can shake us loose from the grip of God's grace as our hearts remain pointed at Jesus as our LORD and our hope...
Replies
0
Views
82
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,889
Messages
16,816,148
Members
651,059
Latest member
Fluira

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom