Today's Verse - Proverbs 4:27 (KJV)

Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

—Proverbs 4:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


When I see someone swerving in and out of their lane during heavy traffic, I immediately go into a defensive driving mode. Whether they are drunk, sleepy, distracted, or just plain careless, I know they are dangerous because they are swerving "to the right and left." God wants us to know the same is true of us when we allow ourselves to be distracted or drift in our lives trying to see and sample every form of temptation available. Let's stick to the straight and narrow with our eyes firmly fixed on Jesus!

My Prayer...​


Loving Father, please forgive me for being so easily distracted by sinful temptations. Please give me wisdom to see the things that the evil one has designed for me and avoid them and resist them. Please make Jesus, his costly sacrifice, and his holy life very real to me today, and every day, as I seek to be your holy child in the corrupt world in which I live. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
God is telling us to walk in the straight narrow way that leads to His glorious presence. Sanctify us o Lord in Thy truth, Thy word is truth.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. —Proverbs 27:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you have your hands full today? I know I sure do! Don't you find yourself distracted from the urgent and important things of today when you worry about the...
Replies
0
Views
73
  • Article Article
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. —Proverbs 29:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Fear is a paralyzing emotion. It robs us of vitality, decision-making ability, hope, and strength. Courage helps us step out of fear's paralysis and turn...
Replies
0
Views
46
  • Article Article
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. —Proverbs 22:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Children don't just need to be taught facts, truth, and school subjects; they need to be trained and prepared for life in the grace of God, the way of...
Replies
0
Views
131
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,108
Messages
16,819,011
Members
651,183
Latest member
Praidfield

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom