Today's Verse - Philippians 2:9 (KJV)

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name...

—Philippians 2:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


For Jesus, the formula for saving grace was tough!
graciousness + faithfulness + sacrifice + suffering = True Glory

Yes, salvation's math doesn't make much human sense in our selfish, self-promoting world. However, from the perspective of faith, salvation's math is powerful wisdom. Jesus came to our world because of God's graciousness. Jesus was faithful and left heaven to face the hardships of humanity. The LORD was willing to sacrifice himself to serve all humanity, even though it required his suffering and humiliation on the cross. Because he faithfully lived salvation's math, the Father crowned the Son with all glory and honor, which has been rightfully his since before creation. The apostle Paul reminds us in this passage (Philippians 2:5-11) that God doesn't forget our sacrifices, hardships, persecutions, or service. He honors them with his pleasure and glory because people who choose this way walk the path of their LORD, Jesus, as they live with others.

My Prayer...​


Holy Father and LORD God, I believe that Jesus Christ is your Son, my Savior and LORD. I surrender my heart and want to have no rival to the lordship of your Son in my life. I want to serve and bless his disciples as he served and blessed me. I want to live my life passionately, as I seek to reach the lost people of my world. Continue to mold my heart and mind to be more like Jesus. I pray this to honor him in thought, word, and deed. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
🙏 ❤️ 🙏 God, I ask You in Jesus' name to securely anchor me in Your Word so that I may come to know You better and trust You with all my heart. Bless me with the desire to read, listen, and meditate upon Your Word daily. Let me find myself praying, singing, and confessing Your Word over my life. Let Your Word live, breathe, move, and dwell richly within me. Let Your Word develop secure, deep roots within me that cannot wither and die. Let Your Word strengthen and encourage me. So that I will be able to stand and fight the good fight of faith. Let Your Word wash and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't please You. God give me the love, desire, creative ways, and the follow through to love spending time with You in Your Word. Let it become a daily habit of mind to spend time with You in Your Word. God all that I have asked of You in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of this prayer and all those I love and care about.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God...
Replies
0
Views
141
  • Article Article
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. —Philippians 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While our...
Replies
0
Views
99
  • Article Article
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. —Philippians 2:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember one of the earliest...
Replies
0
Views
76
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,616
Messages
16,813,163
Members
650,911
Latest member
Priarwick

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom