Today's Verse - Philippians 1:20 (KJV)

According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

—Philippians 1:20 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Do you have long-term spiritual goals that align your daily behaviors with your faith? Paul certainly had at least these two: "I don't want to be ashamed but courageous" and "I want Christ to be exalted in my body, by life or by death." What are your long-term spiritual goals? Could you join Paul in his ultimate goals? How are these ultimate goals good for all of us? What makes it hard to live with these ultimate goals? I don't know about you; I don't want to be ashamed, I want to be courageous, and I want Christ to be exalted in my body, whether by life or death.

My Prayer...​


Sacrificial and all-powerful God, forgive me for my sins, especially the sin of living with improper priorities. I want your grace and loving-kindness to be seen in how I conduct my life and treat those around me. In addition, please give me the courage to communicate in word and deed what exalts you, brings you praise, and encourages others. In Jesus' name, I ask this. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. —Philippians 1:9-10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but...
Replies
0
Views
69
  • Article Article
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. —Philippians 1:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The truth is often as simple as it is sweet - if Jesus is our life, then our lives have no end. In faith, we shared with Jesus in his saving death, burial, and resurrection (1 Corinthians...
Replies
0
Views
105
  • Article Article
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: —Philippians 1:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God finished his work of creating our world in six days. The LORD continues to sustain it with his powerful word...
Replies
0
Views
134
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,213
Messages
16,820,241
Members
651,268
Latest member
Phreudor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom