Today's Verse - Matthew 9:12 (KJV)

But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

—Matthew 9:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Why did Jesus associate with sinners? Because we need him to associate with us! What's the most crucial part of that truth: Jesus' desire to love and save us or our recognition of our need for him in our sinfulness? Of course, the most crucial truth is Jesus' desire to love and save us. Without him, recognizing our sinfulness would only lead us to despair. At the same time, however, if we don't acknowledge our need for Jesus' love and grace, the LORD's sacrifice for us is lost to us. So, let's praise Jesus as our loving and sacrificial Savior as we acknowledge our need for his merciful love and mighty grace!

My Prayer...​


Gracious Father, I praise you from the bottom of my heart for providing Jesus as my Savior. At the same time, dear Father, I confess I struggle with sin. I want sin entirely out of my life, yet I find that I cannot rid myself of its constant shadow and its penetrating stain. Without your grace and the love and mercy of Jesus, I know I could not stand before you as your pure child. So, please forgive me for the sins I confess to you now...

As I have received your love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness, please receive my praise for your gracious forgiveness. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

—Matthew 9:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Why did Jesus associate with sinners? Because we need him to associate with us! What's the most crucial part of that truth: Jesus' desire to love and save us or our recognition of our need for him in our sinfulness? Of course, the most crucial truth is Jesus' desire to love and save us. Without him, recognizing our sinfulness would only lead us to despair. At the same time, however, if we don't acknowledge our need for Jesus' love and grace, the LORD's sacrifice for us is lost to us. So, let's praise Jesus as our loving and sacrificial Savior as we acknowledge our need for his merciful love and mighty grace!

My Prayer...​



Gracious Father, I praise you from the bottom of my heart for providing Jesus as my Savior. At the same time, dear Father, I confess I struggle with sin. I want sin entirely out of my life, yet I find that I cannot rid myself of its constant shadow and its penetrating stain. Without your grace and the love and mercy of Jesus, I know I could not stand before you as your pure child. So, please forgive me for the sins I confess to you now...

As I have received your love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness, please receive my praise for your gracious forgiveness. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.


All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Jesus continually healed sick people everywhere He went. His heart of mercy and compassion reached to those in needs.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. —Matthew 5:11-12 (KJV) Thoughts on...
Replies
0
Views
55
  • Article Article
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. —Matthew 6:33 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus is speaking in his Sermon on the Mount. He wants us not to worry about all the stuff we often pursue. So, let's seek (pursue...
Replies
0
Views
81
  • Article Article
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I...
Replies
0
Views
97
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,003
Messages
16,817,726
Members
651,124
Latest member
Haluithiortor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom