But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

—Luke 11:28 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Jesus responded to the crowd's praises for his mother and redirected that blessing toward all who would hear God's word and obey it. Yes, Mary deserves our praise and thanks. Jesus is not belittling her. Instead, he reminds us that God's word was given to bless us when we obey it. When we obey God, we walk in his blessing. When we know the LORD's will and don't obey it, we are foolish and invite destruction on ourselves. I don't know about you, but I prefer to receive a blessing! I choose to do more than know what Jesus taught; I want to follow his example and obey his teachings! God blessed us by speaking to us through his word, the Scriptures, so we can understand his will and walk in his blessing. God also chose to come to us in Jesus and speak to us through his living Word, his Son, so we can know his heart, understand his will, and obey his teachings as we apply the LORD's truth to our lives.

My Prayer...​


Thank you, Father, for revealing your will through the Scriptures. Thank you for wanting to bless me and protect me from evil and consequences. Please forgive me for the times in the past when I ignored or rebelled against your will. Today, dear LORD, I commit to living in your will and obeying Jesus' teaching. In his name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? —Luke 11:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Remember the best gifts you have ever given to someone else. Recall all the great gifts...
Replies
0
Views
244
  • Article Article
Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. —Luke 12:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a universe so vast, what is our...
Replies
0
Views
134
  • Article Article
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. —Luke 19:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus' opponents said that he was "a friend of tax collectors and sinners" (Luke 7:34). Of all the things people called Jesus, I believe that was one of his favorites. Come to...
Replies
0
Views
215
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,984
Messages
16,817,176
Members
651,112
Latest member
Ashiervor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom