Today's Verse - Joshua 1:8 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Joshua 1:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Just as God reminded Joshua in today's verse, we need to be reminded that God gave his Law to be a blessing to his people. God gave Israel the Law to help his people live for him and display his will for them daily. He promised he would bless them if they would live God's way. God is their Creator who loves them. He knows the best way for people to live in harmony with the principles of his universe and the requirements of God's Law. This Law was not intended to hinder or interfere with their happiness. Instead, it was given to help them prosper and succeed. In his letter to the Galatians, Paul repeatedly reminded believers that we are no longer under law. But, as we live by the Spirit, the character that is produced reflects the character of Jesus, who fulfilled the Law (Matthew 5:17-20) and brought us the blessings God has intended for us all along. Bottom line: Following God's will and living his character is a blessing! So, with the Holy Spirit's help, let's follow Jesus' example, obey his words, and demonstrate his will in how we treat others! By so doing, we fulfill the righteous requirements of the Law, but we are motivated by God's grace and empowered by the Holy Spirit!

My Prayer...​

Loving Father, thank you for speaking your will in human words so I can better know how to live for you. I know obeying your will blesses me and those around me. Empower me with your Spirit so that your righteous character, gracious compassion, and faithful love will be fully realized in my life and my impact on others. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Just as God reminded Joshua in today's verse, we need to be reminded that God gave his Law to be a blessing to his people. God gave Israel the Law to help his people live for him and display his will for them daily. He promised he would bless them if they would live God's way. God is their Creator who loves them. He knows the best way for people to live in harmony with the principles of his universe and the requirements of God's Law. This Law was not intended to hinder or interfere with their happiness. Instead, it was given to help them prosper and succeed. In his letter to the Galatians, Paul repeatedly reminded believers that we are no longer under law. But, as we live by the Spirit, the character that is produced reflects the character of Jesus, who fulfilled the Law (Matthew 5:17-20) and brought us the blessings God has intended for us all along. Bottom line: Following God's will and living his character is a blessing! So, with the Holy Spirit's help, let's follow Jesus' example, obey his words, and demonstrate his will in how we treat others! By so doing, we fulfill the righteous requirements of the Law, but we are motivated by God's grace and empowered by the Holy Spirit!

My Prayer...​

Loving Father, thank you for speaking your will in human words so I can better know how to live for you. I know obeying your will blesses me and those around me. Empower me with your Spirit so that your righteous character, gracious compassion, and faithful love will be fully realized in my life and my impact on others. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Every voice lift up to God praises, honoring His holy name. His promise of blessings, help and mercy cometh out from His heart.

My Prayer...​

Continue reading...
Yes Lord, we shall do everything that is written down in Your word.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. —Galatians 3:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Galatians repeatedly reminds us that no law can make us righteous or save us, not even the Old Testament Law. However, the law (Torah) does...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. —Deuteronomy 4:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you yearningly searched after God? I'm not talking about an obscure theological...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see. —Deuteronomy 3:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Moses led the people of Israel out of Egypt and in the wilderness but did...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom